cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB connection dialogue option enabled but prompt isn't appearing.

donovanssocks
Honored Guest

When I load up the Quest 2 I can't find it in my file explorer (Im on windows 11 if that has anything to do with it) I have been told the issue is that I havn't allowed a prompt and so I enabled the USB connection Dialogue prompt yet the "allow file share" prompt doesn't appear it just goes straight to the desktop link, any way to fix this? @

6 REPLIES 6

donovanssocks
Honored Guest

It works on the other account because it got the popup, but I don't wanna buy bonelabs a second time.

Hey there, donovanssocks! We can definitely see how this would be an issue and prevent you from enjoying your Quest 2 to the fullest, and we'd love to help out! For this issue, you'll want to reinstall the desktop application, as well as factory resetting the headset. This won't make you lose any purchases or anything, but you will have to setup the device and login again. The steps for a factory reset are listed below:

From the Headset:
-Power off the headset.

-Press and hold volume down & Power.

-This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu.
-Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection.

-navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button.
The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

We wanted to check up on you @donovanssocks just to make sure everything solved itself out.
If you're still experiencing complications please contact us.😁

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have the same problem, and tried a factory reset, but it didn't work. I tried connecting to my phone and to my pc but both don't work. I used different cables so I don't think that's the problem.

Hey @Goldpinda! We know PCVR issues can be disheartening so we'd love to lend a hand! 

It appears you've done most of what we can recommend through here on the forums. However, we do have one more trick up our sleeve if the factory reset didn't work.

Could you test out the below steps to clean install the PC app:

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  3. Backup any necessary content.
    • You can find steps on how to do so here.
  4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  5. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
  6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  8. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  10. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here.
  11. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.

Let us know how this goes! 

Hey again, @Goldpinda! We're just checking in to see if those previous steps seemed to help out. If not, feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to check out some other possible options!