cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Download Horizon Worlds ("Unavailable") in US despite Quest 3 with Verified Account

Tayledras
Explorer

I have a new 512GB Meta Quest 3.  It's absolutely incredible, thoroughly enjoying it, but I can see friends in the US using Horizon Worlds but I cannot join them.

When I search for Horizon Worlds in the Store or from the Oculus App, it shows as "Get" when I'm not logged in, and "Unavailable" if I am logged in.  I'm over 18yo, I'm in the US, and I'm using a Verified account that has my Facebook, Instagram, and Meta Horizon account profiles tied to it.

I spoke with Marc at Meta Store Support who said that it ought to work, but had me run through the script of uninstall/reinstall the Oculus App, clear my cache, clear my cookies, move the Meta Quest 3 to a DMZ IP in case NAT'ing or ports are being blocked by my WiFi or my router.  All good suggestions, the same script we follow as DevOps Engineers, but it still shows as "Unavailable" when I try to download it.

Is there a way of checking whether Horizon Worlds is available in your country, for your account, or whether you have restrictions preventing download?  I thought between the US and being a Verified Account, it would allow my account to download, but there is so little information or feedback on the status of Horizon Worlds or whether we have account restrictions preventing download.

I apologize if these are all questions that have been answered, but I didn't find it on a Search and it seems to be a common request from multiple users, ages, and countries.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tayledras
Explorer
Eean solved it and figured out what the issue was.  It looks like my Facebook and Horizon accounts somehow got out-of-sync or gated?  Removing and re-adding my Facebook account ungated me and I was able to download and install Horizon Worlds.

Eean,

That worked perfectly!  I cannot thank you enough!

I went to Accounts Center, removed my Facebook account.  I opened the Meta Quest app on my Samsung Galaxy, clicked “Launch” for Horizon Worlds, it showed that my Horizon Worlds was out-of-date and prompted me to close-and-reopen Worlds.  When I closed Horizon Worlds, it downloaded, updated, and was added to my library.

I was able to lock Horizon Worlds to my apps and add Horizon Worlds as a favorite to my bar.  Now that it’s working properly and I can use it from my Quest 3, I re-added my Facebook account to Accounts Center.

Your advice was perfect!  Thank you for helping me resolve this and being able to join the Horizon Worlds Community.

Sincerely,
Ken Foreman

On Oct 27, 2023, at 8:51 AM, Store Support Meta <support@store.metamail.com> wrote:

Hi Ken,

Thank you for reverting to us. This is Eean, I'll be assisting you.

I would like to appreciate that you have taken the troubleshooting steps assisted by my colleague. However, you were unable to download and install Meta Horizon Worlds in your library. Moreover, I am also admiring your effort in getting the Meta Horizon Worlds to work without the apps in your library. That is so awesome of you!

Furthermore, as an addition to the troubleshooting steps, I would like to suggest that you remove and then re-add your Facebook account here.

I truly wish the circumstances here were different. We always put ourselves in our customers' shoes in order to provide better care and service, which is why we can genuinely feel you. We strive to give our customers the best service possible, and your patience and understanding would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Eean
Meta Store Support

meta-06.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Tayledras
Explorer

By going to https://horizon.meta.com/ with my logged in account and then "join by VR" on any World or Event listed there, it worked!

It doesn
't allow me to download or save Horizon Worlds to my Apps, but it does show Horizon Worlds as a running app while I'm playing and I can move between Worlds or go Home.

Is this a bug
? Shouldn't I have it listed as an installed App or Game? ... I'm thankful to see it worked and I was able to log in via the website and then "join as VR", but it would be nice to be able to log in and use Horizon Worlds directly from the Quest 3.

Tayledras
Explorer
Eean solved it and figured out what the issue was.  It looks like my Facebook and Horizon accounts somehow got out-of-sync or gated?  Removing and re-adding my Facebook account ungated me and I was able to download and install Horizon Worlds.

Eean,

That worked perfectly!  I cannot thank you enough!

I went to Accounts Center, removed my Facebook account.  I opened the Meta Quest app on my Samsung Galaxy, clicked “Launch” for Horizon Worlds, it showed that my Horizon Worlds was out-of-date and prompted me to close-and-reopen Worlds.  When I closed Horizon Worlds, it downloaded, updated, and was added to my library.

I was able to lock Horizon Worlds to my apps and add Horizon Worlds as a favorite to my bar.  Now that it’s working properly and I can use it from my Quest 3, I re-added my Facebook account to Accounts Center.

Your advice was perfect!  Thank you for helping me resolve this and being able to join the Horizon Worlds Community.

Sincerely,
Ken Foreman

On Oct 27, 2023, at 8:51 AM, Store Support Meta <support@store.metamail.com> wrote:

Hi Ken,

Thank you for reverting to us. This is Eean, I'll be assisting you.

I would like to appreciate that you have taken the troubleshooting steps assisted by my colleague. However, you were unable to download and install Meta Horizon Worlds in your library. Moreover, I am also admiring your effort in getting the Meta Horizon Worlds to work without the apps in your library. That is so awesome of you!

Furthermore, as an addition to the troubleshooting steps, I would like to suggest that you remove and then re-add your Facebook account here.

I truly wish the circumstances here were different. We always put ourselves in our customers' shoes in order to provide better care and service, which is why we can genuinely feel you. We strive to give our customers the best service possible, and your patience and understanding would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Eean
Meta Store Support

meta-06.jpg

remygorilla
Honored Guest

I know right!!!!

I tried that, but still didn´t work for me. I live in Denmark and it is on the list of countries supporting meta horizon world. Don't know what else to do

Hey there, @Oshun_Guanima! We appreciate you reaching out to us. We would love to help you with downloading Horizon Worlds on your Quest device. We want to thank you for attempting the steps that have been provided in the forums. We would like to take a closer look into your account so that we can get Horizon Worlds downloaded onto your device. In order to be able to look into your account, we want to move to a private message in order to make sure all your information is safe. To send us a private message, please click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, @Oshun_Guanima! We wanted to reach back out to see if you are still having issues with downloading Horizon World. We are here to help, and we hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?