cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Pair a Bluetooth Polar H10 Heart Rate Monitor Chest Strap to the Quest 3

apreslin
Protege

Hey all,

I am trying to pair a Polar H10 Heart Strap to the Quest 3 for the "Meta Quest Move" application. When you try to Bluetooth pair it, it says, "Couldn't pair with Polar H10 because of an incorrect PIN or passkey." After that happens when you scan for Bluetooth devices, nothing shows up under "available devices" even though there was a bunch before I tried pairing the Polar H10. So I think that Bluetooth is crashing or something of that sort. The only way to try to pair with available devices again and bring Bluetooth back to life that I have found is to reboot the Quest 3.

This same Polar H10 connects to my Quest 2 that I have without issue, so this appears to be an issue isolated to the Quest 3. It also has no issues working with my Galaxy S23.

The Polar H10 is running the latest firmware that is available, which is 3.2. I have tried factory resetting the Polar H10, and turned off ANT+ and everything else that I thought might hopefully make it connect, but to no avail.

Is there anyone out there who has successfully or unsuccessfully been able to pair a Polar H10 to a Quest 3?

Thanks,

Aaron

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

apreslin
Protege

I've got good news. The newest PTC version, I was able to pair the Polar H10 without hassle. Tried twice, worked as one would expect a Bluetooth device to pair.

The PTC Version where this appears to be resolved is:

• System Version 49948350035200510
  • Version 66.0.0.380.370.599117025
  • Runtime Version 66.0.0.380.370.599116921
  • OS Version SQ3A.220605.009.A1

com.oculus.shellenv-20240519-122846.jpg

For those who don't know what PTC is, that's the "Public Test Channel" which is basically a beta. For more info, check out https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/using-your-headset/quest-ptc/

So you could either join the Public Test Channel to get this working now, or wait until the next official release which most likely will incorporate the fix. Since the Public Test Channel is an early release, be advised that there may be more bugs present than official releases.

View solution in original post

That's great to hear! I'm really happy to see you were able to pair the headset after signing up for PTC v66. If anyone else is able to sign up for it, see if you're able to pair the HRM to your device. If you don't want to sign up, that's okay too, as the fix should be available on the official release. If anyone still has trouble with this issue after updating to v66, let me know, and I'll reach back out to the engineering teams about this.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65

EatingPie_1965
Honored Guest

I can verify the exact same problem.  Same message and everything.  Also looking for a fix.

-Pie

Polecat
Honored Guest

I had the same problem.  It looks like the H10 has got too many connections.  I did a hard reset of the H10 and it connected/paired ok.

I just need to work out how to get the quest to read/display the readings now.

Good luck 🙂

I tried resetting my Polar H10 two different times, but unfortunately that still has not allowed the Polar H10 to pair with the Quest 3 for me. I reported the issue per https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/fix-a-problem/troubleshoot-apps-and-features/report-a-bug-o... so hopefully someone at Meta can take a look at this issue and address it.

apreslin
Protege

I reached out to Meta support, and I had a feeling that this would happen. They are pointing their fingers over to Polar, even though the Polar H10 works with the Quest 2 and several other Android and Windows devices that I own. They provided a link that literally says, "Heart rate monitors that can work with Meta Quest are the Garmin HRM-Dual and the Polar H10."

"Please be advise that, in line with your concern you must first reach out to Polar support since they have more of the resources that may actually answer your queries. And for more information about Meta Quest 3 in line with Polar H10 kindly click this link.

That being said, I have pulled up all the resources we have to find the best resolution to this, however as your concern is about Polar H10 heart strap, which is not included in the scope of troubleshooting of our team as we have limited resources on the developers itself.

What I can do for you is to redirect you to the developer as they have more tools and resources that would definitely cater this issue for you. Kindly click https://support.polar.com/en for the contact support of Polar H10. Rest assured that the Polar support will help you resolve this as soon as you reach out to them.

Please do note that if only I have the enough resources to this matter, I'd definitely address it for you as I want to help you with this, however this is the extent of our support with this type of case."

"Please be advise that, in line with your concern you must first reach out to Polar support since they have more of the resources that may actually answer your queries. And for more information about Meta Quest 3 in line with Polar H10 kindly click this link.

That being said, I have pulled up all the resources we have to find the best resolution to this, however as your concern is about Polar H10 heart strap, which is not included in the scope of troubleshooting of our team as we have limited resources on the developers itself.

What I can do for you is to redirect you to the developer as they have more tools and resources that would definitely cater this issue for you. Kindly click https://support.polar.com/en for the contact support of Polar H10. Rest assured that the Polar support will help you resolve this as soon as you reach out to them.

Please do note that if only I have the enough resources to this matter, I'd definitely address it for you as I want to help you with this, however this is the extent of our support with this type of case.

In the meantime, I'll be closing this ticket but I'll remain at your disposal if you need us to double check on things and if you have any other related concerns you ought to know, so please don't hesitate to reach back to me within 4 days and we can reopen this ticket to further assist you."

I am going to reach out to Polar, but I have a very strong feeling that they are going to point their finger back at Meta for the Quest 3 incompatibility issue.

I have also Tweeted at Polar and Meta about the issue, we'll see if anyone responds https://twitter.com/apreslin/status/1714719663332917250

So did you manage to get the heart rate readings displayed eventually?

I put in a support request to Polar support on Wednesday, haven't heard back yet. I still haven't been able to pair the Polar H10 to the Quest 3

Actually I was replying to Polecat who said managed to pair with H10 but haven't gotten the heart rate display to work yet.

In any case, I hope you get a response from the support team soon. I'm currently considering getting the Polar H10 for the Quest 3's heart rate integration, but knowing this issue exists, I'm putting it on hold for now.

Thanks for making this post btw. I'm sure it'll be helpful for others as well.

DDleger
Honored Guest

Same here. After resetting H10 it conected to my quest pro but not at all to my quest 3. It has been difficult to connect to quest pro since 2 or 3 months too.  But fortunatly I had that Garmin dual hrm I use for outside rides with garmine edge 500. That chest belt connected perfectly with quest 3. Meta support told me those are the 2 only chest strap working with their headsets.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?