cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Refer

ManxCrafter
Honored Guest

Hi,

I've got a Quest 2 and I am wanting to refer a friend who is about to buy a quest 2.

I cannot see any option on the referral page to do this nor any option in the app.

Is there something with my account stopping me from referring?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ManxCrafter, we love to hear that you want to refer a friend and bring them into the awesome world of VR! We're here to help. 

There are a few key requirements for sending referrals. First, you must have your Facebook linked to your Oculus account with a Quest 1 or 2 connected to it. If you're in the US, you should be able to send referrals either through the app directly or by sending your referral link. If you're outside of the US, you will only be able to send referrals via Messenger in the mobile app, and to do so you must be friends on Facebook.

You can find some more info on how to send a referral here. Let us know if you're still having trouble with the referral process, and we're happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again! We just wanted to check in and see if you were able to figure out what was going on with your referral. Hopefully the info we provided was able to help! Let us know if you need any further assistance at all.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I’m in the U.K., and I’m trying to help my grandson in the U.K. use a referral link that I sent him by email, but it’s not working for him.

I’m rather surprised that you’ve explained in your answer above that there is a different process for using referral links outside the USA, as it’s illegal in the U.K. to make a purchase offer to U.K. consumers with processing conditions that you don’t support in the U.K.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?