cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add Canadian zip/postal code for payment method.

Raiano
Honored Guest

I am trying to create a child account so my kids can play but when entering a credit card info I cannot enter a Canadian zip code which requires letters and numbers. Please fix this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! Just wanted to reach back out with a bit of an update/troubleshooting steps. The team wanted to see if y'all were able to type your zip/postal code in another text box, then copy and paste it into the zip/postal code text box. Also, please make sure you're choosing the country before typing in the zip/postal code. Please let me know if this works, and if not, I can reach back out to the team to see what can happen next! Thank you all for your patience; I look forward to hearing back from everyone!

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Hi, I’m trying to setup/authenticate an account for my son (10yo).  It asks me for a credit card and doesn’t recognize that Canadians do NOT use Zip Codes (we use Postal Codes, with numbers and letters).  This page must have a bug because it wont let me enter any letters for the Postal Code.  So frustrating that it’s stuck here and my son is just wanting to play his VR!!  I’ve tried adding a payment card through my account but that doesn’t work either.  Please help

IMG_4564.jpeg

Hi there @Bazehead! Hope you're having a fantastic day! We're sorry this issue is ongoing for you and we would love to look into this matter. Shoot us a PM so that we can continue to better assist you with getting this resolved. At this time, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Hope to hear from you soon! Have an awesome day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there again! We just wanted to check in with you and see if you still needed any help with the issues you were having with adding payment method to your account. If you still need any assistance, please feel free to reach back out to us via PM at any time! Have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @Raiano! I've seen a couple other user's mention this same issue before, so I'd like to bring this issue up to our internal team for further investigation.  So that I can bring this to our team with the most accurate information, please get back to me with the following:

• Mobile app version number?
  • Does this issue happen when adding a credit card through a web browser as well?
  • Does this issue also occur when trying to add the payment method inside the headset? If so, what software version is your headset on?

Once I have a bit more information, I'll be able to send this up to our internal team for further review! Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience!

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

SCPOWood
Honored Guest

I am having the same issue, the inability to enter a Canadian postal code when asked for the credit card information during a child account application. The app version is 245.1.0.16.120, I am required to use the app link in the headset to enter this information so I don't know if there will be a problem with the browser (no need to enter info there). The headset software version is 60.0.0193.366.548441754, will this help resolve this issue?

I am having the same issue where I cannot set up parental controls for my kid due to the zip code area not giving the option for letters.

Same!  I just sent them a pm.  Please let me know if you get it sorted and I will do the same. 

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Thanks for getting back with the requested information! I will be bringing this information up to our internal team so that look into getting this issue resolved. 

The reason I ask to see if you can add your payment method on a web browser is because the field to enter your zip/postal code may be different on the web browser. If you could, please try signing in HERE and adding a payment method on your preferred browser (this can be done on a mobile device browser as well). If that doesn't work, please let me know so I can relay that information to our internal team! 

Thank you very much for yours and everyone's patience during this time. I will make an update the this thread as soon as I receive new information from our internal team! I hope everyone is have a great holiday season!

Same problem.  

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?