cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add any payment methods!!!

JordddLS99
Explorer

Honestly cannot believe this issue. Only went out and purchased my oculus quest 2 today. First oculus product have ever owned. Go to add either my card or PayPal to my oculus account and nothing works!! Have tried it on different devices, different web browsers, through a different network connection (data) on the website, app and the quest itself. My son's card or PayPal won't even get added. Purchased a new device and can't even play games on it! 

Update: On the 3rd day I was finally able to add a PayPal. Besides having this issue it's an amazing headset

15 REPLIES 15

JordddLS99
Explorer

Now tried PayPal through an incognito window what Oculus support adviced on a post yesterday. Greeted with 'Something went wrong and we were unable to add this payment method

JordddLS99
Explorer

@Ryanality pls fix this issue. Don't know about the fix before as only purchased my oculus quest 2 today but the problem is happening again on oculus' end. Can't buy any games 

Screenshot_2022-05-06-22-16-07-09_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

JordddLS99
Explorer

I successfully add PayPal as my payment method BUT the oculus still won’t let me use it to buy anything, saying i need to contact PayPal!!! Absolutely ridiculous 

Peter_Latenstein
Explorer

Exact same problem here...

Made a support  ticket and got a list of things to try, tried all suggested methods from different computers on different networks even at my parents home and a friend, allso tried on Smartphone on 4G and wifi connections, in 3 different bowsers on PC AND Mac....

Come on Facebook/Meta Oculus ....
This is rediculous.
I see so many posts about this.

PL.

SparrowsHill
Explorer

They reply saying to try those suggested methods or contact your financial institution to see of any restrictions when it's a problem on their end

Sort it out!! @MetaQuestSupport

@Ryanality

Got a device have just paid £400 for and can't play anything on

Now allowed me to add PayPal. Thank you 

Peter_Latenstein
Explorer

Same problem and not getting anywhere with support.

Good luck Peter. I found their support took a while to reply.

On the 3rd day of having the headset I was finally able to add a PayPal

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?