cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add friend

Sir_Dixon
Honored Guest

I recently purchased a second quest 2. I added my profile as the admin and added my daughter as the second profile. For some reason, I am unable to send her a friend request from my first quest two or the app.

When I search for myself from her account, I still cannot send a friend request. But we are both able to add other family members and friends, who have their own quest. Just can’t add each other has anyone else ran into this issue?

14 REPLIES 14

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @Sir_Dixon. We see you have a private message with us about this issue, and we'd like to assist you through that platform because we believe we may require some private information. We hope to see you soon.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have the same problem with my children who are added to my account. I cannot add them. The only option is to view full profile.

Hello, @ghostyrosty. We see that you are having difficulties adding friends to your account. Please try removing the secondary account from the headset and adding the secondary account as a friend without the secondary account being on the headset. If this doesn't work please try and factory reset the headset for a fresh set up and add the account through your phone.  Please reach out to us if you are still having issues. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, @ghostyroasty. We wanted to make sure that you were able to add your kids to your account. We're just following up with you in hopes that everything went smoothly. If you're still having problems, please get in touch with us.

jitz69
Honored Guest

having same problem cant add no one sasys account locked 

Hey there @jitz69. We know how concerning it can be to get an error when looking to add people. We will do all that we can to get this fixed for you. Would you be able to send us a screenshot of where you are seeing that error message occur? 

Hey @jitz69. We are just reaching back out to see if you were able to provide us a screenshot of what you were seeing when attempting to add a friend. We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Social features available for your child’s Meta account

9 Likes
Updated: 5 weeks ago

For now, children aged 10-12 (age may vary by region) will not be able to access certain social features.

At this time, children 10-12 will not be able to:

• Follow people or accept follow requests
  • Use chats or calls
  • Invite other people to meet them inside of an app, or accept travel invitations to meet other people inside of an app
  • Access the People tab
  • View the Recently Met list or People You May Know

Your child may still be able to interact with other people in apps. Apps may have social features such as messaging, voice, photo sharing, video, and the ability to meet and interact with others in the same virtual space, that could allow your child to interact with people they may not know. To learn about the social features available in an app, visit the app’s page in the Meta Quest Store or App Lab. Find out more about app privacy data types.

There must be a way to add your own child, this makes no sense.

As the person managing your child’s Meta account, you have control over the apps your child uses on their Meta Quest device. You must approve any apps before your child can download them, regardless of the app’s rating and whether it’s free, paid or pre-downloaded. You can also block your child’s download request.

spyd4r
Protege

this is compeltely useless, why can my kid not add their friends account, why can I not add my kids account as a friend? the point of these accounts are to protect kids, all this will do is result in kids using parents accounts to get around this. 

This needs to be fixed. allow them to add friends with parent approval, this is madness.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?