cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect phone app to the Quest 2

virginiaJS
Honored Guest
Hello, I've recently acquired my new Quest 2 and am struggling with the setup.
My smartphone is old and I suspect it is the problem. It's a Moto G with Android version 5.1. I've seen that the Oculus app is compatible with Android 5.0+ so I hope this is fixable because buying a new phone isn't appealing to me currently. 
The specific problem appears to be with the location connection during the pairing. Even with the location on, the Oculus app asks for the location like it isn't. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but it hasn't affected the issue.
Any help would be super appreciated thank you!
34 REPLIES 34

presbyo
Protege

wow

2 years passed

still an issue

omg

moto g android NEXT button for location access does nothing.

cannot proceed with setup.

sad.

Hey there presbyo! We definitely want to turn that frown upside down. So let's work on some troubleshooting together. If you haven't already, please try following this link and registering your device. 

Please let us know if that works! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

hello

that registration link you provided seems to want 8 digits: 1111-1111 format

the number for pairing on the headset is only 5 digits 

where am i supposed to get or enter what you sent?

i choose + and then Quest 2 on android and then its stuck on looking for headset spinning

headset shows 5 digit pairing code and that it

what now?

We understand that this is a concern, and it is a known issue; we are working to resolve it as soon as possible so that you can continue to enjoy your VR experience. 

As we work to resolve this issue, we would like to take a closer look at your account, if you wish to continue, please PM us and we can look into some available options

. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

?

you didn't tell me how to resolve the 8 digit registration

or what to do with the 5 digit pairing code when the app cannot find the headset thru bluetooth

give me some kind of solution

1 week is a long time to not be able to use the product