cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect with oculus servers as of 4th October 2022

LuxLumen
Protege

Unable to connect with oculus servers as of 4th October 2022

Is there any reason I can't connect any longer? One day it works the next it's dead. Do you have to have a meta account already, I thought it was 1st Jan 2023. Uninstalled/reinstalled 3 times, same message. Anyone any ideas or is the Rift S really dead in the water now ......

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @LuxLumen! We know how concerning it can be when you all of a sudden get an error that you haven't seen before. We're here to help!

First, were there any changes made to your PC or setup prior to this happening? That could help us determine the cause of what's going on.

We have a few go-to troubleshooting steps to provide for you here:

• If you have antivirus software, it could be interrupting the Oculus software's ability to connect to the Oculus servers. You can follow the steps here to help make sure this doesn't cause issues.
  • Does your system run on a strict firewall/proxy network configuration? Some configurations can prevent the software from being able to communicate with the Oculus servers as well.
  • If you can, try another connection type (ethernet or Wi-Fi).

One more thing you can try here is a manual clean uninstall/reinstall. While you have already uninstalled/reinstalled several times, if there were some lingering files it could still be having the same issue once you reinstall the main software. Here are our steps for a clean uninstall/reinstall:

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  3. Backup any necessary content.
  4. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  5. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
  6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  8. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  10. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here.
  11. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.

Please let us know if this helps get you connected and into VR, or if you still need our assistance!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again! We just wanted to follow up and see if you had a chance to try the troubleshooting steps that we suggested. 

We look forward to providing further assistance if necessary!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

DrBobbobit
Honored Guest

All sorted thankyou, i had to make a new meta account and sign in with this and it re connected. So it looks like my original oculus account as locked out a few months early. that's progress i suppose 🙂

DrBobbobit
Honored Guest

p.s. everything worked fine headset wise, just wouldn't login due to server issue caused by old login username and password. I couldn't go to home environment that all really 🙂

Well, we're glad to know everything was figured out! 

If you run into anything else, don't hesitate to reach back out! 

is there any way to fix that oculus server issue on mobile

Hey @hong.he.501151! We know getting error messages can really take out of your immersion, so we'd be glad to lend a hand! 

To get a bit more information, could you answer the following:

1. When was this first noticed?
  2. Just to confirm. Does this pop up in your headset, or on the mobile app?

Along with that, could you try the below steps:

1. Power off the headset. 
  2. Hold the Power and Volume Down button together until the menu loads. 
  3. Use the Volume Buttons to highlight Boot Device and press the Power Button.

We hope to hear back soon! 

Ding dong! We just wanted to pop by to see if you are still in need of a helping hand! If so, feel free to reach back out, and we will gladly lend a hand!