cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Unable to give permission for MOVE to share data to Health Connect

Older.Gamer
Protege

I want to be able to share my exercise data that is logged in MOVE with Health Connect.

I have Health Connect setup correctly, with permissions for Meta App to share data with Health Connect, the problem is in the Meta APP.

I open the app, and then use the menu icons to get to the screen showing the MOVE icon. I press this icon to open Move, which shows me the Stats screen. 

I press the 'Connected apps' tab to the right of Stats and this shows Health Connect as a connected app.

But...

the little tab to turn this on is in fact OFF, which of course, is not what I want.

So I press this tab to toggle the feature ON, and it takes me to a screen telling me all the disclaimer stuff. 

Here is the problem:

At the bottom of this screen, when I scroll down, I presume there should be a button for me to select to agree or whatever, BUT, this is not visible to me and appears to be covered up by my phones home and back buttons.

there is no option here for me to do anything but come back out of this screen, and because I have not hit the Agree button (or whatever it is down there - I can't actually see it) then the toggle to share the data is still off 😞

which is sad.

Please can someone fix this?

Thank you.

shot 1.jpg

 

14 REPLIES 14

Honestly! Reporting a bug to Meta is a thankless task. Something akin to sweeping rain up hill.

So, can I suggest you try your own workflow yourself?

Try this;

Open meta app, go to help and support, here there is a button that says, go back to the problem area and shake your phone to report the problem.

Click the shake your phone button

You will be taken back to the settings menu

Go to the move app, go to the connected tabs app

Shake your phone.

Nothing happens.

Five minutes of my life I won't get back!

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @Older.Gamer! Thank you for giving that a try, and I'm sorry the "shake to report a problem" steps didn't work out. Do you mind letting me know what steps you have tried other than the "report a problem" steps? If you haven't already, I recommend holding down on the Meta app on your phones home screen to do a force quit. When I had an android phone, I remember completing a force quite on an app I was having trouble with, so hopefully that helps. Once I know what other steps you've tried, I can look into providing more steps that you haven't tried yet. Thank you for your patience! I look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience!

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

I have reported this issue on the forums, that's about it. Is there a bug area I can report it to (not inside the headset please, that's a pain to do).

Tried the force quit thing. Not change in the problem.

Basically, the scaling of the app does not fit my phone. Possible an issue with my phone, or a problem with the apps ability to display on a range of phones. No idea. I think the only way forward would be for QA to test this on some cheaper phones and see what they can figure out. 

You're right @Older.Gamer , it's a problem on some types of phones.
Since I got another phone the app is completely visible again.

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @Older.Gamer! Thanks for getting back and letting us know what you tried! I'll let the team know, but it would also be great if you could submit a bug report through the mobile app. Here are some steps on how to do so and information on what is collected: Report a problem on Meta Quest. Thank you for sticking with us during this time, I hope I can reach back out with an update soon! Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns! πŸ˜Š

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?