cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log into Meta to log into Oculus PC App

SourceOfficial
Honored Guest

Hello Oculus Community, 
So, I'm trying to log into my Oculus App.
I get redirected to my browser, try to log in with Facebook. White Screen. Ok, I'll clear my cookies and cache. That worked, but it just brings me to Facebook instead of logging in my app. Fine, I'll log in with Instagram. Brings me to Instagram's page, no log in. Try logging in with Meta account? I don't have one. I set up a meta account (https://meta.com/websetup) setup goes fine. Relaunch app to restart process, log in with email. Nope, email or password is incorrect. Ok, reset password. I get all the way through it, press "Continue" to finish changing my password. "Your email or password is incorrect". But I'm trying to change my password, wtf is going on? I do it 9 more times before I finally give up. Every time i try to change my password and click "Continue", it tells me that my email or password is incorrect. I can't seem to reset my password, I can't log into oculus app, all i wanted to do was play VRChat with a friend. 

I've tried:
Resetting my password
Using a different browser
Creating a Meta account using Facebook
Creating a Meta account using Oculus
Logging in with Facebook
Logging in with Instagram
Logging in with Both my emails, and all 3 passwords

I relaunch the Oculus app every time to restart the process btw

5 REPLIES 5

T_Hart_10
Honored Guest

I know. WTF

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey guys!

We do want to let y'all know that this an ongoing issue that our engineers are working diligently on. There's nothing more we want than to have y'all be in the virtual world having the time of you lives. Please allow us to provide some helpful insight in hopes of getting rid of this little predicament! Would you kindly perform the following:

• Sign out of the app
  • Uninstall the app and leave sitting for 5 minutes
  • Reinstall the app and leave sitting for a couple minutes
  • Sign back into the app and try to pair again

As well, if that didn't provide any fruitful results, try the above steps but with the following:

• Sign out of the headset
  • hard reboot headset (hold power button down for 30-40 seconds)
  • Once headset is turned back on, sign back in

However, if you've tried the above and nothing came from those attempts, then let's have you submit a support ticket here: https://metaque.st/Support. There, these awesome agents have a wide array of tools that might prove to be beneficial for the cause!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Coralskeleton
Honored Guest

I had the same problem. I got it to work again by reinstalling the app and switching my default browser to microsoft edge for the login part. It seems there's a problem with meta's web pages on firefox as they all load completely blank. 

VHmaster
Honored Guest

"Sign out of the app?" That's the problem, I cant sign in. 500 dollars for the quest2 and suddenly I have to jump through hoop after hoop to use the thing!! Why can't you folks, MARK, leave US alone. How much money do YOU need!

Guys this is the fix period. It worked like a charm! Thanks!!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?