cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to migrate Oculus account to new Meta account

LtrllyThWrst
Honored Guest

Hey guys,

I just purchased a Meta Quest 2 today, and was trying to use the mobile app to migrate my Oculus account to a Meta account. After I startup the app and select "setup account with email", I then select "I have VR apps" -> "log in with Oculus account". This is when I get to the oculus login page, which is when I put my u/p in, and try to login. However, I get an error when I try to do this:

"An unexpected error has occurred. Please retry your request later"

I tested out the account on my Windows 10 Oculus app, and confirm that it is the correct account. I even changed the account name just in case that had something to do with it (it was giving a warning about the name being too short), but no change. I then noticed that I got "Oculus - Login confirmation" emails for each time I tried to login on the mobile app. The emails give me a 6-digit code. apparently I am supposed to enter this somewhere on my new device (my phone), but I am not getting any prompt for a code during that process.

At this point I would normally just try making a new account, but I reeeeeally would like to merge my Oculus account if at all possible. I have been using the Rift S for a while, and would hate to lose all of those purchases and history. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nathan

9 REPLIES 9

AyYou
Honored Guest

Exact same issue. Currently in level 1 support hell. I've said f-it, make a new account, they migrate everything over. And now I can't pair my Quest 2 with the new account.

Best of luck to us both.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @LtrllyThWrst! We're glad you upgraded your headset, we wouldn't recommend creating a new account because you won't be able to transfer your games to the newer account.

We'll leave some helpful links below. When creating your account, make sure you create your Meta Quest account with your email address, we'll leave you a link here to get you started with the Meta Quest account.

Please let us know if it helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We're keeping an eye on you to see if you require any additional assistance, so please don't hesitate to contact us so we can get you back to the correct account.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Lukas01p
Honored Guest

An unexpected error has occurred. Please retry your request later.. when i try reset my password . i got a mail with 6 digits code. but i cant find were i am gonna put it.

I reset my password on my Oculus account, but when I try to sign up for a Meta account using my Oculus account, I get the "An unexpected error has occurred. Please retry your request later" error. This account is just a temporary one that isn't linked to my Quest 2. When I try to login to my Oculus account is when I get the 6 digit code with a message in my email (not the actual code):

We recently detected a login attempt from a device we didn’t recognize. If this login attempt came from you, for instance because you are trying to access your account from a new device, please enter the following 6-digit code:

The login attempt did come from me (and both my phone and computer are new), but the email doesn't say where to enter the code, so it useless to even give one. Also this year is ending quick, so this needs to be solved fast.

Oh-no! We don't like hearing your having this issue and the time this is taking away from being able to get back in the VR world. Normally the Pin will need to be added in the app however, we want to invite you into getting connected with us through our PM's. That way we can get a better look at this for you and provide you with a few steps and information! 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Hey there everybody, if anyone is still fighting this issue then please reach out to our support team here. We'll do our best to get this sorted for everyone, this isn't something we'd want for any of our users to have to deal with. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you all! 

Inum76
Honored Guest

Jan 4 2023, four days late for making the migration from Oculus to Meta, but did it anyway. And it worked! Now I have all the games I paid for, as far back as 2016, all shown up in my new Meta account using my old Oculus profile info. ^.^

Personalty, I feel it should have all just staid as Oculus, and not had to have made such a change, but I am not the multi millionaire, with such an inner need to change such things for everyone, when he did. Despite telling everyone, that was not going to happen. O.o

But all is done now, and didn't have to join Facebook just to keep using my old Rift 1. So, that much is good.

Por favor, tenho o RIFTS. estou tentando migrar minha conta da oculus para a meta. 

A executar o app oculus, ele pede para logar, e entro com o email que usava, o link gerado não é carregado no browser (em nehum) logo parece que a migraçao nao foi feita.

Além disso, não consigo mais entrar no app.

Como resolvo isso?

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?