cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair new refurbished controller

themagiccdust
Level 2

Hey I recently had to do a return exchange for a controller, and I'm having problems pairing this controller, whenever I go to the mobile app, the light flashes, however it does not vibrate and so does not connect.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're sorry to hear that you're having pairing troubles with your controller, @themagiccdust. We realize that your VR gaming experience is being impacted by the fact that this is not the gaming experience we had planned for. We would be delighted to work with you to return to gaming, which is what you do best. Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Please try again after removing the batteries for at least 10 minutes and using some new or fresh AA batteries.
  • The controllers of some customers seem to be experiencing problems as a result of unsuccessful firmware updates, as we have seen. Regardless of what may be causing this problem, we have observed that some customers have found success by leaving the batteries out for a longer period of time because this "resets" the device.
  • Wiping down the controller with a dry microfiber cloth.

If these troubleshooting procedures were successful in resolving the pairing issue, kindly let us know. We forward hearing from you soon.