cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to purchase a game for a friend.

Starcasm22
Level 2

As the the title states I can't purchase a game for a friend. I click on the game (Alvo) then purchase as a gift and all I get is the 'Unable to load. Please try again later.'

It's been like this for two days now, any ideas? I've already tried to purchase using wifi and my mobile network. I've tried closing the app and restarting. Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Starcasm22, this is usually a much easier process and you deserve that! Just to clarify, have you already purchased the game and paid for it, or is it not allowing you to complete the purchase?

I am having the exact same issue. I enter the email address, but after I click “Send gift to…” then “Continue” when it prompts “Send Gift?” the “Unable to Load. Please try again later” message pops up. I’ve tried inputting a couple different email addresses, I’ve tried two different apps currently on sale that I want to purchase (Contractors & After the Fall), and I already own both games personally. Please help before the sale ends, or at least honor the sale prices by offering personal discount codes due to having this issue! Thanks.

Heya LokiVader! We do understand how not being able to send your friend a gift can be discouraging. We want to do everything we can to get your friend those games. We'll need to gather some account information from you, so we'll need to move this into a PM.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Hey again @LokiVander, we are just following up to see if you are still having trouble sending your friend those gifts. We'll be here to help you and your friend when you are able to give us a update.

I had already purchased the game for myself, I was unable to purchase it for my friend. Purchasing any game as a gift for a friend is still impossible on the mobile app (android).

My way around this was to purchase it on my laptop instead.

Thank you for reaching back out and provided that update. We appreciate you coming up with a solution to get your friend those games. We know this is not the experience we want you to have with us. We ask that you delete the mobile app and reinstall it once more and make sure the app is up to date.

However, if you're still having issues please don't hesitate to reach back out. We hope you and your friend enjoy your time in your new games!

nikiretneprac
Level 2

I am having the same problem. I have tried purchasing several games for a friend on three different browsers and on my phone (browser). It doesn't work. I enter the email and message, then press next and I either get a blank window or a message that says I'm not connected to the internet. Clearly, I am connected to the internet, as I've been browsing the oculus store and troubleshooting the issue online. There's a sale that ends tomorrow that I'm trying to take advantage of.

burrelljab
Level 2

Same exact issue as previous poster, any attempt to purchase game for a friend on any browser or device leads to a blank window. 

sharisacrayton
Level 2

I had the same issue, except that my error said that the user was unable to receive gifts. Did you get a resolution? I tried chatting with a customer support person, but she could not answer why someone would be unable to receive a gift.