Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to re install Oculus Setup

Saraba_latm
Explorer
hard drive was failing, 
Cloned hard drive to a new SSD
Oculus software was corrupt after clone.
attempted repair . Thought it worked but all Oculus games when loading locked up.
I un installed software to re install .. 
Now cant for the life of me re install
So frustrated messing with it for days. 
I have tried every suggestion that I can find. Nothing works.
Wiped windows  and re installed . so NOTHING is on the computer now but a clean install of windows, MB drivers, and nvidia drivers
Installed all updated MB drivers / windows updates / NO ADDED Anti Virus. windows defender only installed

I CANT Successfully reinstall Oculus setup.. Please help!
It worked once on my system .. now why cant I get it installed again?
Log attached..

Windows 10pro v1709
16gb ram
Asus Z87-A
1tb SSD samsung
GTX 1080

13 REPLIES 13

Really not sure what to say about this - if you've tried a few things, i'd submit a support ticket.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
You have 2 hard-drives on your system. Were both drives reformatted or only one? What drive is C and which one is D?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Saraba_latm
Explorer
Just the C was formatted..  D is my data drive.. 
C is the SSD that  windows is installed on

Saraba_latm
Explorer
I will be installing my Oculus and Oculus games on my C.  it is a Samsung 1TB ssd

Saraba_latm
Explorer
Any idea's about why I cant install Oculus Setup on a Clean windows Install?
I was desperate to get my Oculus software working again, SO I re cloned from the bad hard drive because even thouth the hard drive was bad and kept locking up. The software worked..
But NOW its stuck , I cant re install my games.  It says its in my Library but when i click on install .. Nothing happens..
Its now to the point I cant use my oculus.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Just to make sure I understand it correctly.
You got a new SSD. Reinstalled windows. Then tried to reinstall the oculus setup. Didnt work.
Then you tried to copy the old oculus install to the ssd afterwards ? .. Didnt work either.

In case you just cloned/ copied your old oculus install after having reinstalled windows, that might be the issue.
Even though your old system "just" hang up, some files might be corrupted anyways.
Be good, die great !

Saraba_latm
Explorer
LOL .. I just cant win.  

Saraba_latm
Explorer
Ya. So..  I had everything working. Then my hard drive started to fail, Lockups. Failed to boot. ect.
I installed a new SSD to replace it. 
Installed windows 10 v1709. all updates 
Installed all MB drivers.
Installed all nvidia drivers.
Tried to install Oculus .. IT wont install..
A copy of the oculus setup log is on my 1st post.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I see the errors that are triggered, but I'm not sure why they are happening.
Installing oculus-touch-tutorial.
Librarian exited code 4
Install 'Dawn.Setup.InstallPackagesStep' failed.
Maybe try installing these updates: 
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/558735/#Comment_558735
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV