cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send referral code

FatCatMattHat
Honored Guest

I have been referring my friends and family members to use Quest headsets for years, however, I have not been able to share my referral code with them for a while now.

I receive the following message on both the app (android) and PC:

"Couldn't Send Referral

We are working on getting this fixed as soon as we can. Please try sending your referral again later."

This has caused me to miss multiple chances to receive referral credits, and I am currently having the issue again while trying to send the code for yet another referral.

Could you please help resolve this? I have sent messages to support in the past explaining this issue, but have not received any response.

This is very frustrating when posts from support on this forum state: "We want all of our users to be able to utilize our referral program." (https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/Not-able-to-send-referral-code-quest-3/td-p/1133837). 

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @FatCatMattHat! We are doing our best to respond as quickly as possible, and with that being said, we would be more than happy to assist you with this issue. We would like to share this article that we have found regarding your issue with using your referral link. We would like for you to click here. This should have a bunch of helpful information that could help solve your issue. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

FatCatMattHat
Honored Guest

I appreciate your response, however, this is not helpful.

I have already read the page that you sent numerous times to look for a solution in the past. I already know how to send referrals, and there is nothing on that page that mentions how to resolve issues with the referral program. 

I can point out 2 separate issues that are not addressed on this page that I encounter every time:

1. "Click Copy to copy your unique referral link, then share it with a friend on the platform of your choice." 
    • I would click "copy" and directly send the link, however, there is not an option or button for me to copy my link.
  2. "You can also click Send next to one of your friends under Suggested referrals to send your unique referral link on Messenger."
    • I do have this option, however, it always fails every time. I have tried on the android app and on a PC. The response is always the same, which I already sent in my previous message. Here's a screenshot from a PC (Chrome): 

FatCatMattHat_0-1712819197586.png

This error has been the only message I received while trying to send a referral for a while now. There must be other people receiving this same message, so it would be helpful for an actual response beyond a canned reply with a link to the general instructions page.

If you have any further suggestions, I am happy to give them a try, as I am always encouraging friends to join the Quest ecosystem. The referral credit is a nice perk that acts as a good selling point for those considering to make the plunge into VR. 

@FatCatMattHat Thanks for detailing what you're experiencing with our referral system! We'd like to look into this further with you, so whenever you can, select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We'll be waiting to hear from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

KnizzleHizzle
Explorer

Same issue, so many users have this issue, is the solution really PM's for everyone?

Hey @KnizzleHizzle! We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. So that we can assist you further, we ask that you please PM us. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you!

Knock, Knock! We're just following up with you to see if you still need assistance. If so, please PM us, and we'll happily assist. We hope you have a great day!

Hello,

The service ticket for this issue has expired. The expiration warnings were sent to my spam folder. I apologize for the inconvenience, but my last messages were with Sally from Meta Store Support. I tried to reply to her email, but I guess the service ticket had expired. Is it possible to reopen this ticket to have this resolved? Otherwise, I will start a new thread to open a new ticket.

For reference, the service ticket was Case [redacted].

Many thanks!

Hey @FatCatMattHat! We would love to help you out with this. We ask that you please PM us. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?