cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Quest 2

Annatizerr
Honored Guest

For months now, I have had an issue that prevents me from using my oculus quest 2. A while ago, my headset had an issue that forced me to factory reset my headset. When I reached the part of the set up process where you enter the code from the mobile app to link the headset, the code I was tryin to put in was not working. It kept saying invalid code, even though I double checked I was typing the right one in. So I restarted my headset, got to that same point... But this time it told me the headset was already linked to another account. I have been unable to find a fix to this issue on my own, and have not touched my vr headset in over 5 months. Does anyone know how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us. We see you're having trouble pairing your headset, and we know that's keeping you from enjoying VR. We want the pairing process to go smoothly for all of our users, and we're happy to help you out!

First, to make sure we're on the same page, could you please answer the following questions:

• What device are you using? (Quest 1, Quest 2, Quest Pro)
  • Is this your first time setting up and pairing your headset?
  • If not, have you been able to successfully pair your headset in the past?
  • Are you attempting to pair to a secondary account on your headset?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

• quest 2
  • no
  • yes, when I first got it
  • no, I only have one meta/oculus account

Hey there, @Annatizerr. Thanks for reaching back out and providing us with those answers. So we can get to the bottom of this issue and get some personal information, can you please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, @Annatizerr! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with pairing your headset. If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?