cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to to relink my Oculus GO after factory reset

eallen40
Honored Guest

After the oculus account migration to meta I have been unable to use my GO, I decide to factory reset my device and re-link it. unfortunate this is not working, the device is showing on my account though, when I log into my Iphone same account and try to pair it I get an error "Handset already linked to your meta account" and then I am unable to continue the setup of my GO.  I tried deleting the GO from my meta account though, after typing in the code that is emailed I get another error telling me that I can not remove this device.  Please help, My GO is now a paper weight. 

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey, @eallen40! We just wanted to slide on by as we see you are having issues relinking your account to your Go. We know how this can really hinder your gaming experience, so go ahead and follow this link to our amazing support team. We will have more tools to try and lend a hand with this issue.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

eallen40
Honored Guest

The community support did not have anything to address this issue. Even after factory resetting the device this is the error I keep getting  when linking to app.  See picture. Is there a way to update the firmware on GO with the USB cable.  I never updated it and I think that may be the issue. 

E18C231D-7A17-4B0D-92DD-DF158AD8F07E.png

Hey there, @eallen40. Thank you for reaching back out. We understand that you had a question about updating your Oculus Go's firmware with a USB cable.

Please note that connecting a USB cable will not update the device's software; we do recommend contacting our wonderful support team. We will have a bit more availability with live chat, email, or if you like a call-back option as well.

We hope this was helpful.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Can you provide me the contact information? I don’t see any where to Call or email.  Connecting to you was the only option.  When I click “contact us” it loops me back to the same useless support page with no answers. 

6F53DDB2-CEAB-49D9-9D9D-6C868337048F.png

Hello, Eallen40 We want to get you the help you need, so here is a link to open a support ticket. Our experts can check into this further for you. We are hurt that you are unable to link back into your Oculus GO and even more hurt that you are unable to play any of your games.