cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsupported GPU

Tinman86670
Honored Guest

I want to know why the Nivida GeForce GT 1030 is now unsupported by Quest Link. This card is very cable of running VR at great a frame rate with the Oculus Rift CV1. This is the only card I was able to afford and I want it to be supported again, please. And why is it this if my card is unsupported by Quest Link I can't launch any games? This does not make any sense as it is unsupported by two headsets. Please make it so if Quest Link does not support your GPU Oculus will still run as normally as it did before.

2 REPLIES 2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Sorry but the 1030 isn’t supported and never was.  The gtx1060 6Gb gpu is about the lowest end gpu that I’ve ever gotten ok PCVR with (cv1 and Link).  You should be able to source a used one on places like eBay for around $100.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

And the CV1 is considerably lower resolution than the Quest range (so needs less GPU horsepower to run), games have become considerably more demanding since the CV1 was current and link works in a completely different way to the CV1 HDMI connection, requiring powerful hardware video encoding on top of the graphics rendering. Some simpler games might work on the 1030 if it was allowed, but the vast majority would not and that's not a good look for Meta.