cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update broke my oculus 2

ersucraw77
Explorer

I updated my oculus last week and it broke my headset. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it beforehand. I get a black screen, the sound works, and you see the meta logo as it comes on and then nothing. ive done everything they have said to do multiple times. I’ve been going back and forth in emails and live chat and I’d have to pay 160.00 to get a refurbished one for something that they caused. First they said 60.00 but later informed me it would be 160.00. No warranty, it’s just over 3 years old and I paid a little over 400, not including games and add ons. That’s a lot of money to spend to have it broken by their update! I can’t find a place that fixes them neither. I’m so frustrated! 

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ersucraw77! Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with Quest 2. We're sorry this issue is ongoing for you, and we would love to look into this matter. We received your PM. and will continue our conversation there. We hope to hear from you soon. Have a wonderful rest of your day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

rickymak
Protege

We are on the same boat. Contact support a few times and every time I was told to pay 150 more bucks for a refurbished one, which, someone has already reported that the problem will come back on the replacement as well. What a joke of a product, a joke of a company.

kitnkaboodle1219
Honored Guest

Same issue here. Was anyone able to get it resolved? Makes no sense to have to buy a replacement when the update causes the issue.  I get sound, but screen is black.  Did. Factory reset from the app but no help.  I can cast from the phone app but it's also a black screen EXCEPT for the power off screen will come up but only on the phone, still not on the oculus

Hey there, @kitnkaboodle1219! Thank you for reaching out to us about the black screen issue you're facing after updating your Quest 2! We know that your screen is essential to playing in VR, so we're here to lend a hand! 

We understand that you've already performed a factory reset and that it wasn't effective, so we'd appreciate it if you removed any unsupported third-party accessories that may affect boot (such as external battery packs, accessories that plug into the USB-C port, etc.) and then performed another factory reset

If removing unsupported third-party accessories and performing another factory reset is still ineffective, we kindly ask that you send us a PM due to the potential for dealing with private and sensitive information. ​​

It's important to remember that you have to be logged in to the community before sending us a PM! To access our profile page, either select our name or click here! Next, click 'Send a Message' to PM us!

We're looking forward to hearing back from you so that we can work together towards a solution! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there again, @kitnkaboodle1219! We want to ensure that you're having the best VR experience possible, and we haven't received a PM from you yet, so we're checking to see if your Quest 2 is still displaying a black screen. If Quest 2 is still displaying a black screen, we ask that you please review our previous post and complete the steps we listed. We can't wait for your reply so that we can help you launch back into the thrilling world of VR!

Yeah this is BS. Same thing with mine. Update killed it. Same as the above users. No, I will not pm you. Did that already and y'all are trying to get everybody to just buy another one like y'allhave been doing everybody else. That's a no thanks for me. I'm pretty sure if this happens to enough people there will be a lawsuit and some negative media attention. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?