cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved - Quest Airlink lags and stutters after V54 update.

sprucewolf
Explorer

Been using Quest pro with airlink for 4 months now without any issues whatsoever.

After the headset was updated to V54 I'm having headset lag/connection issues on airlink.

Screen is stuttery at times when moving in my playspace or moving my head, the image gets laggy, choppy and black frames appear on the side of the screen oposite to where I'm moving my head.

Image quality has degraded significantly with lots of "artifacts".

This makes casual games like VR chat hard to play due to constant lag and stutter, games like Beat Saber are impossible to play.

I havent changed a single thing in my playspace nor my setup, router config is the same as when it was working, PC is the same, no update has been applied to any of this. 

Any advice would be much appreciated as Im lost on what to do.

Just in case

Specs 

CPU I9 12900k

32GB Ram

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3080TI

Router: TP-link AX1500 Wifi 6 dedicated just to the headset.

466 REPLIES 466

Hey there, @Raycid! Don't worry, we are aware that using your connection cable to connect to the PC is giving you some issues. So, in order to help you fix this as soon as possible, we would like to step in. Additionally, it would be helpful if you could respond to the questions we've included below so that we can better understand your issue.

• Has it worked before?
  • Has anything changed on your PC set up?
  • What type of troubleshooting have you done?

We look forward to hearing back from you to get this resolved.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

PanDamien
Protege

I am having the same issue but I’m not on PTC at all. The Oculus software will become so laggy than it will eventually crash some services leaving me stuck with only being able to move my controllers and head without being able to click any buttons or do any gestures

jollyjesus
Protege

Updated to version 54 and it is loaded with glitches ...

Cant play using airlink which was perfect before version v53 and after v54 it got worse and the on board games glitch and the system has general boundary and tracking issues as well ..

LunchAndJosh
Expert Protege

Same issue, not on PTC but on Public V54. A factory reset didn't help, still getting Network lag and spikes

You could try clearing your guardian history. That fixes a lot of boundary glitches.

And if you have joined the PTC to get the latest, greatest and buggiest firmware updates first, you could opt out to revert to release firmware. With PTC you are volunteering to search for bugs like this.

ProudlyTM
Honored Guest

My headset auto updated to v54 "stable" today and while the now along with the artifacts issue from v53 "stable" seem to be fixed, I also started experiencing the horrible network lag. Meta, please, how hard is it to actually properly test your "stable" OTA updates before pushing them to us?? My headset is essentially unusable for PCVR gaming right now, because of this bug. Please promptly fix it!

Edit: Spoke too soon apparently, the artifacts issue is still present in v54.. Looks like it's not a priority for Meta to fix such immersion breaking bugs and they just go ahead and release the next "stable" update with even more immersion breaking bugs..

Niverive
Explorer

I would like to report that I am too having this issue of my network latency spiking on v54, it also seems to mostly happen when I move my head around.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

One thing I found with v53 final and v54ptc was that I needed to change my Air Link bitrate from 200mbps Fixed to 200mbps Dynamic. Otherwise I got about 10-15ms more latency. I can't say that I've noticed any significant difference in clarity, it's still very good.

You may also need to adjust your refresh rate and res slider position but this will depend a lot on your PC specs and router/wifi setup. With my Q2/rtx4090 the sweet spot for me is 80Hz refresh with the res slider a couple notches left of full right (1.2x, 4864x2448).

Also, all SteamVR visuals set manually (not auto) to 100% and advanced super sample filtering disabled.

You can also try going in and out of the oculus desktop app public beta to see which works better for you.

All my complex games like HLA and Hubris, and my flight sims (msfs and xp11/12) are all working great with Air Link.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

jongore
Honored Guest
Follow the below steps to address the problem:

1- Restart your devices: Restart your headset and PC to resolve connectivity issues.
2- Check Wi-Fi: Ensure stable Wi-Fi without interference. Move closer to the router for a strong connection.
3- Update software: Keep Oculus software on PC and headset up to date for improved performance.
4- Adjust graphics settings: Lower PC graphics settings to reduce system load. Adjust AirLink bitrate in Oculus PC app.
5- Disable other devices: Temporarily disable other devices on Wi-Fi to avoid latency issues.
6- Use wired connection: Try a wired connection between PC and router to eliminate Wi-Fi problems.
7- Reset AirLink settings: In Oculus PC app, reset AirLink settings by disabling and re-enabling it.
8- Contact Oculus Support: Seek assistance directly from Oculus Support if issues persist.

LunchAndJosh
Expert Protege

No. Did you even read the first page of comments? This is a QUEST ISSUE with V54, not User Error.
Oculus Support cannot help us, only a Quest update can.