cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Unity URP causes black and pink screens with Quest 2

Matt-CC
Explorer

I have created a project following the official Oculus guide on configuring a project in Unity. Upon upgrading the project from the Built In Render Pipeline (BIRP) to the Universal Render Pipeline (URP), I get a series of graphical errors once the project is built, ultimately resulting in nothing being rendered.

(To elaborate, I typically get pink in the left eye, black in the right eye. Sometimes UI elements will display correctly but leave a trail of where they've been, similar to the windows solitaire win animation. tl;dr: it's the rendering not the game)

A few facts about my situation:
 - Everything works as intended over Oculus Link, with and without URP

- The project works fine when built with BIRP but not URP

- Assets in the scene have had their materials upgraded

Any help or suggestions appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matt-CC
Explorer

Turns out it was a render pipeline upgrade issue. Running the converter a second time seemed to work

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Matt! We completely understand how it feels to have issues when developing an app for our headsets. We recommend reaching out through our developer forums, as there will be more people there better equipped to handle an issue like this. https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Developer/ct-p/developer

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Matt-CC
Explorer

Turns out it was a render pipeline upgrade issue. Running the converter a second time seemed to work