cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'User has joined' room notification not received anymore

ypoeymirou
Honored Guest
Hi,

I am developping a party system using the ovr_Room api.
I worked well previously with the same code on my side, I supect an issue on Oculus servers or an incompatibility due to a silent update.
When one user accepts one invitation to join a room, the other persons in the room (owner included) do no receive anymore any room update notification.

I am using Oculus Platform SDK 1.8 on Unity 5.4.1p2.

I register to room updates using:

Oculus.Platform.Rooms.SetUpdateNotificationCallback(OnRoomUpdated);

Thanks,

Yvan

4 REPLIES 4

vkapoor69
Protege

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am facing the same issue.

Hi there, we see you're having a bit of trouble. Worry not, we can point you in the right direction. If you follow this link here, it is full of very helpful resources and support!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you. That documentation actually led me to a solution! The issue is that room owner doesn't get notified when another party has joined the room. As a workaround I just poll the current room using getCurrent every 5 seconds and that works fine.

Hi @vkapoor69. We suggest reaching our over at the Developer Forums as they will be of more of an assistance. They have better tools and experience over there and can steer you onto the right path regarding any issues that involves working with developer tools. Hope this information was helpful!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!