cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Quest 2 outside

jbistoocool
Honored Guest

Can I use my oculus quest 2 outside. I have a nice covered shady area where I have enough room to play my games, but I'm worried that any sunlight eould damage it. There's no direct sunlight however, it is all shade. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey! You should definitely NOT use your headset outside. Even though it may not be direct sunlight, it's not worth the risk of the possibility that you could cause any sort of permanent sun damage to the lenses. That type of damage isn't covered under warranty, and you don't want to get stuck with weird looking spots of damage in your headset that you can't fix. Of course, how you use your headset is completely up to you, but you won't have any replacement options or anything if that happens.

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

It's not recommended unless you are 100% certain that no sunlight will fall on the internal lenses and you don't sound like yu are 100% certain. Even if you are, it's probably still not recommended.

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey! You should definitely NOT use your headset outside. Even though it may not be direct sunlight, it's not worth the risk of the possibility that you could cause any sort of permanent sun damage to the lenses. That type of damage isn't covered under warranty, and you don't want to get stuck with weird looking spots of damage in your headset that you can't fix. Of course, how you use your headset is completely up to you, but you won't have any replacement options or anything if that happens.

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

EL_PANCHO55
Honored Guest

Okay, I try lots of times to use quest2 at outside and search the YouTube to find a way but NOOOOOO !!!!

anyone help about this actually servers too. I wrote mr. Zuckerberg 😑 so ; NO ANSWER 😅

ozunafam
Honored Guest

That being said can the oculus be use outside during the evening after the sun sets? I have an app called winreality which is a baseball batting practice tool i like to use outside. I tried it in my back yard after 6pm and the sun light does not get to the back yard but it still light and sometimes i can’t control the controllers 

Hello there, @ozunafam! It's important to us that all users are in-the-know about what play environments are suitable for VR gaming, so we wanted to chime in to clarify! Currently, we don't recommend playing your headset outside, as it has been known to lead to display issues like sun damage. To confirm, when the sun hits the headset's lens, sun damage will occur. Although we recognize that there is a low chance of sun damage when the sun is down, it still may be too risky for us to suggest. For more information on how to avoid sun damage, please check here. Also, this article goes over play area requirements and may be helpful too. Although we know this isn't the most ideal news to share, we're so glad to have been able to clear this inquiry up! Let us know if any further questions pop up and we'll be glad to assist further! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

CheTaPace79
Protege

Just make sure the sun doesn’t exist, but you have some sort of light. Too much light can blow out the controller’s tracking

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?