cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V37 cant see all the features announced

MRCVR
Explorer

I am the only one that some of the announced V37 features do not work? Example: updated hand-tracked gesture; and Cannot teleport to different designated areas in home as announced https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Announcements-and-Releases/Quest-build-v37-release-notes/td-p/938569

14 REPLIES 14

00jamiejohnson00
Honored Guest

yeah me too. i dont see any changes in update 37 that werent there before . whats up with that?

Hazedestruction
Explorer

They admitted to knowing the update had issues and released it anyway regardless of how us customers feel don't bother trying to get anything working on v37 update its a mess wait until they fix it not worth the hassle trust me

AlasPoorJoric
Expert Protege

Well the "update" broke the internet connection by setting the date to 2037, but when I finally got it working again I didn't see any of the features that were advertised.

It certainly says it's version 37.0.0.135.109.344258447 but I can't see any new features. Certainly can't move in the home area or change the perspective on menu windows or expand them.

Skookss
Explorer

You're not the only one. Mine updated to v37 this morning and I don't notice any difference. Certainly can't teleport around my home screen and can't resize windows etc

Check whether you can resize browser windows, as I can do those but not any other menus/windows. No moving around the home environment though, nor am I able to shift up and down between a "desktop" and "tablet" view for any of the windows. The Oculus Link doesn't appear noticeably different either. I can enable the apple keyboard though... if I had one. Haven't tried sharing links from the mobile app on another device.

Skookss
Explorer

So far only thing I can do is pinch my fingers to bring up the new menu. At least I'm not the only one so I'll wait patiently. 😀

Hah. I forget to check that one. I also get that new menu, although it's a bit useless without voice commands.

MRCVR
Explorer

Thanks all for the mesages. Yesterday I received another update but the only change is that I can switch form desktop to tablet mode. Still  I cant see the new "finger"menu and and canot move around the home... I guess I will need a little more patience 🙂 

Meta-Rob
Explorer

So, useful info for you all hopefully 🙂

The way oculus Do their updates is that they firstly do a firmware update, this downloads and changes the version number in the headset. This firmware update has the capability to support all the new features. Next they do a number of smaller feature roll outs so you get the firmware update but might not see any of the additional features and then over the next week or so, one by one they will add the features this happens to different people are different times all over the world.