cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V37 update has no changes?

vangojames
Explorer

Hi,

I update to v37 today. After rebooting I cannot see any new changes. I can confirm that v37 is shown in the about section, but after looking at the various videos and blog posts about new features, absolutely none of them are present. I performed a factory reset on my quest 2 and it didn't fix the issue (now I just have to reinstall everything 😔). Does anyone else have this issue?

11 REPLIES 11

ShoNuffMagnus
Honored Guest

Same here!

ShoNuffMagnus
Honored Guest

Same issue here! 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Vango, thanks for reaching out. Please turn off experimental features, reboot the device, and then turn experimental features back on. This will likely force one more reboot, and then the new features should be there. If you're still having issues after trying these steps, please reach out to us by submitting a ticket on our website here. Or, if you prefer, can send us a DM here on the forums. Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey, I did what u said and there is STILL no change in the update at all. it is in v37 and I have rebooted it at least 4 times no idea why it won't work.....also the background noise in the virtual home area is very glitchy.

Hey there SoupBruh! We totally understand the frustration! This new update is a "soft rollout", and will become available to certain devices at certain times! If you want the newest updates as soon as they rollout join the PTC find out more about it here. Quest Public Test Channel (PTC) is an early access program for Oculus Quest version software. By signing up, you can get early access to the unreleased software version ahead of the full public release. Once you apart of the PTC simply reboot your headset after fully charging it and you'll boot up with the latest software available to our PTC users! Hope this helped! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

i know lots of people have said that the new update has bugs are u sure that when I sign up for ptc that it wont screw anything up?

AlasPoorJoric
Expert Protege

Interestingly I thought I had none of the updates, but it turns out I do have the window resizing and the apple keyboard. Just no discernible difference using the link cable, no moving around the home environment and no moving the windows between "desktop and tablet modes".

silentKAOS47
Honored Guest

I am having the same issue.  Oculus support suggested doing a factory reset and it changed nothing besides deleting all of my apps. 

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Don't reset, most of the changes are on the back-end.  Keep in mind even though you update oculus tends to suppress new features until bugs are resolved.  Full roll out of firmware updates  typically take up to a month.