cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V44 Missing Advanced Camera Settings

Bladerah
Expert Protege

I’ve installed V44 for about a week or so atleast at this point and I have no settings (experimental or otherwise) that are camera related. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem at this point and wondering it can be addressed ASAP as I am missing the chance to record quality content.

57 REPLIES 57

Hello, ColinATL We appreciate you getting in touch with us again; we know this can be perplexing. Please use the link below to open a support ticket so that our experts can investigate this matter further for you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Submitted

alan.truly
Protege

Good news! I have advanced camera settings now! I put on my headset a couple of days ago, did my usual check, and yes! Finally! I can set the aspect ratio and stabilize the virtual camera. It's so nice when sharing screen recordings.

App Sharing was still not working, so I did another factory reset, losing all of my bookmarks and requiring downloading my apps and games again. Grrrr!

After going through the setup process, it seems that everything is working as it should be. I have Voice Control, Advanced Camera, and App Sharing.

Meta told me via email that they made Advanced Camera settings available to everyone, so it should work for me, but that a factory reset might be necessary. No explanation for why some people didn't get it after months of availability for others, but at least it's there now. Hurrah!

Hey hey, @alan.truly! We just wanted to stop on by to say that we are glad to hear you are back up and running! We hope you enjoy all the wonders of the VR world! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Grats I still believe you are are entitled to compensation.

MrBrooklynite
Honored Guest

I just performed a factory reset and now I don't have any camera settings anymore this is unacceptable because your videos are going to come out so trash the way it comes out standard and I'm replying to you because I would like to see if maybe we have certain character qualities that they could want to stop us from making content for our channels. I talk a lot of crap about oculus how about you are you the type that talks about all of the crap we experienced with this Mickey Mouse noob gaming company. from their joysticks breaking every couple of months to the battery life of the headset itself And how this thing probably should only be worth 150 $200 I have not talked crap about them on my YouTube channel yet but on my twitch channel I have dragged  them So I'm wondering if this thread of people are all people like me who have no problem saying how crappy the oculus experience on their end.. the game developers I give them props but the oculus company their service and their actual product has a lot of trash to it. so if you are that type 2 we need to ask the rest of these fine people having this issue and if it turns out they all are the type that have and will talk crap about this company that means they're discriminating against us and a class action lawsuit would be a smart thing to do. also while looking for information on this problem CNN has a whole thing dedicated to Meta and oculus so what I think we should do is not come to these places to complain where they want us to come and they want us to complain here Reddit discord and places out of sight and out of mind from the general public so the way I see it is we need to start talking about this crap on Twitter on YouTube and comment sections and we need to go to CNN and NBC and any other news organization that tells people how great of a company the oculus company is and ask them why they are ignoring all of the stuff on Reddit here discord and everywhere else where people keep having these problems and shouldn't even be problems like you have a defective joystick you do a recall on that you don't make people deal with that I bought my headset I expect it to work anyway that's my two cents buddy I really regret buying an oculus at the same time as loving some of their games that were not made by them but the game companies so I hope those game companies can get jobs at PlayStation or something and bring their talent over there

alan.truly
Protege

I don't believe Meta is targeting anyone based on their personal opinions. I like that Meta has invested a huge amount of money and kept the Quest 1, 2, and 3 affordable. The Quest headset is a fantastic value despite the buggy software.

That said, I understand your frustration. It doesn't make sense to me why these problems persist. Disappearing settings is quite strange. My camera controls came back making video better. Meanwhile, stills are restricted to being square. 

I'd prefer an option to simply freeze a game so the processor could take its time and create a large, high-quality image that's representative of the environment. This is VR, not Instagram.

alan.truly
Protege

Is anyone still having this problem? Is been fixed for me for over a year.