cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V47-V54 firmware had unpin to universal menu. Option Dissapear.

Quikep
Explorer

On first Update of the firmware V47, I had the option of Unpin some apps from the universal menu and replace them with the apps I used more frequently. Few Day later, after I restarted my Quest 2 Headset, the universal menu return to its default state, and the option to pin and unpin apps from my library (on the three dots of each app) is no longer available nor show.

My question is:

Is this feature being removed in an recent update of the V47 firmware? Or is my Quest 2 experienced a bug?

Don't wanna reset my device to findout, its a removed feature.

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27

Hiya there @NorbertNoBacon! We hate to hear that you are still having the same issue with pinning your commonly used apps onto the universal menu, We would be happy to share some steps on how to do that. To customize your menu, start by: 

1. Hover over the app you want to pin. 
  2. Click the Menu button 
  3. Select Pin to Universal Menu.  

If you are still having trouble with pinning your apps, please reach back out to us. We would be happy to help. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Once again, PLEASE READ THE EMAIL STRING FFS! We’ve all ne waiting months. How can you say be patient with this simple feature that was taken away????? This support gotta be the worst on this planet. We just round and round in circles and end up

getting absolutely nowhere and this is another example!!! Useless. 

Hey @ThatsButta! We understand your frustration with pinning your apps to the universal menu. If you still are unable to pin your apps, please visit our Help Center and Report a Bug. You can report a bug directly from your mobile app. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to Meta Store Support. We would be more than happy to help. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Are you guys trolling, because that's gotta be the only reason for the worthless copypasta replies you keep spamming. The support on this forum is a joke. 👎

Quikep
Explorer

Hi all, Just wanna update my experience so far. It is V54 and I still dont have the option to pin my apps to the universal bar. Funny enought, I friend of mine, has a Quest 2 with the same Version I have (comparing all Version and revision numbers on the update tab. They are exacly the same) but he does have the option of pin his apps in the universal menu. I do not.

I don't know what kind of bug my device has (I have Factory reset it), and the pin option is not show no matter what I do. So far the only thing I can do since V53, is to move the apps on the bar from one side to an other and remove some icons when grabing them and move the out side the bar. But when I restart the device, all goes back to the factory order.

I don't Understand why some devices have some features and other don't if they are the same.

Sorry not having good news so far on this matter, but I will keep posting to see if this feature gets fix.... or not!

Same for me. I even factory reset on v53 because of a few issues and it's still not present. Two friends of mine have had the feature for ages so not sure why they're not rolling it out across the board. I'm just waiting for v54 to break WiFi/AirLink/Virtual Desktop connection now (that's the latest issue I've seen on forums/reddit etc). The Quest developers are a joke. 😠

Irish_Hippy
Honored Guest

So at the moment i have the option to pin things to the menu, but not unpin. i dont understand the reasoning behind this. i accidentally pinned 'Vader' to the menu by dragging it over, now its there for good! please sort this out. this not the kind of thing you expect from one of the largest tech companies in the world.

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there everyone! I am seeing this is an issue for a few of the community. I wanted to make sure what version is everyone at on the device. 

We are all mad here.

I'm on build 54 (both Quest & PC app) and still don't have pin/unpin. Have alsorecently factory reset (on v53) but that didn't resolve it either.

Ummm weird. Okay thank you for letting me know. If I find anything I will make sure to let you know. 

We are all mad here.
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?