cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify Your Oculus Developer Account - only possible with credit card?

Josepp67
Honored Guest
I have no credit card. I have verified a payment method. I have a phone number. But I have no credit card. Is there another possibility to register as developer? 
13 REPLIES 13

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You don't need both a credit card and two-factor authentication, just one or the other. If you've already added a phone number, you should be fine.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kojack
MVP
MVP
For facebook merged accounts, the 2FA phone stuff isn't available, the credit card is the only way to approve a developer. Only older oculus accounts get the choice of both. It's still not sure if that is a bug or not.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not so much a Credit Card .. Do you have a Visa Debit card ? 
That's what i used. 

kojack
MVP
MVP
Yep, mine's Visa debit too. 🙂
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Josepp67
Honored Guest

Not so much a Credit Card .. Do you have a Visa Debit card ? 
That's what i used. 

No, no Visa Debit card. 😞 

PsclDrx
Honored Guest
Hi all, is there any danger to record a credit card on their site ? I did it but I am still uncomfortable with that... Thanks for your (reassuring) answers !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pascal_78 said:

Hi all, is there any danger to record a credit card on their site ? I did it but I am still uncomfortable with that... Thanks for your (reassuring) answers !

Basically they already have your Payment details for the store etc so your not giving them anything new.
No idea really why we had to do it again to be honest. 

kojack
MVP
MVP

Pascal_78 said:

Basically they already have your Payment details for the store etc so your not giving them anything new.
No idea really why we had to do it again to be honest. 

I don't know why some needed to do it again. When I went to verify, they had added my card from the store so the verification was already complete.

This would be a lot easier if Facebook just let people use their headsets how they want, then they wouldn't be flooded with fake developers who just want things like custom beat saber songs.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I filled out the debit details and they just charged me 73p (despite not buying anything on their store seams like just registering an account) I'm now having to call my bank to reset my card as I'm worried about giving them access to my account given I didn't agree to this!

I'm disappointed in Facebook as there shouldn't be issues like this with such a big company and being charged unaware just to peruse an interest in developing VR for their oculus system particularly is very shady and makes me worry about other security issues on their other platforms. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?