cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View and movement problems

ExoTixZs
Honored Guest

hi guys i have the problem that my View sometimes moves away by itself and my controllers go away from me. mostly when i turn i have tried everything from reset, restart and reset the motion settings.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey ExoTixZs! Thank you for letting us know what steps you have already taken! We want to make sure that your play space meets the optimal tracking components, being lighting and contrast between objects around your play space! 

• Lighting: Having your room too dark will effect the headsets positional tracking and having too many lights can do the same. multicolored light strips and string lights have been know to cause tracking issues, so we recommend having them off while playing and just keep an natural or warm light in the room. Changing the amount of light in your play space is also recommended to see if at which level of lighting causes the issue to stop.
  • Contrast: Being in a blank room with no objects for the tracking to pick up on can cause the depth to act up, so it is recommended to have a contrast between items either on the floor or on the walls. 

If you have got the change to play around with the above components that are involved in tracking, then the next steps we recommend would be to clear your guardian history and factory reset your headset. Steps for clearing your guardian history are below:

1. Press oculus icon on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select Settings in the top right corner.
  4. Select Guardian from the left menu.
  5. The choose the option to delete Guardian history!

If this step doesn't prove to be useful in getting your tracking to work properly, then the next step we recommend would be to Factory reset your headset. Before completing the factory reset, please enable our Cloud Backup feature in order to save eligible game's save data and scores from deleted during the factory reset! To found out more about our Cloud Backup feature please follow the link here: Oculus Cloud Backup! Steps for factory reset can be found at the link here: Factory reset Oculus Quest 2 or Quest!

We hope this helps! If not, please send us a private message and we can continue to provide other troubleshooting steps or further action! Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!