cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View in Quest Link breaks after something loads in Rec Room

Xx20Dat_Boi09xX
Honored Guest

Each time something major loads that creates a small spike in lag while playing Rec Room, my view is heavily exaggerated and it makes me sick. It's almost as if the sensitivity from moving has skyrocketed and it's also slightly delayed. Here's some of the things that I've noticed cause this issue:

- Taking pictures using the sharecam

-Saving pictures using the sharecam

- Random game loads and data imports

- General lag

- Sometimes opening/using the streamer cam and its menu

- Joining certain rooms

The only way I've found to "fix" this is by unplugging and restarting my headset, plugging it back in and restarting link, and rejoining Rec Room. Even then, the glitch still happens.

This isn't something directly on rec Room's end, because it still occurs after the game shuts down and I'm in the main Quest Link screen. I've yet to see another person with the same issue. and it's becoming a major problem when trying to record and generally just play.

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Xx20Dat_Boi09xX. We can definitely understand how concerning it would be to run into these visual issues while using your headset, and we'd be glad to help out however we can! Please ensure that your graphics drivers are fully up to date, as well as following the steps below for a full reinstallation of the desktop application. The following reinstallation method gets all the cached files as well so it's a 100% fresh installation. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out! 

• Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.
  • Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  • Backup any necessary content.
  • Reboot into Safe Mode.
  • Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.

• Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
  • C:\Program Files

• Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
  • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
  • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache

• Restart your computer in normal mode.
  • Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  • Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here.
  • Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Xx20Dat_Boi09xX. We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

CaptainCloven
Honored Guest

FINALLY, someone who has the same issue as me. Did you end up fixing it? I tried what Meta suggested above it didn’t work and the issue still persisted. This never happened on my Quest 2 or My old PC. But it happens on my Quest 3 and my new PC.

I also have the same issue. I tried what you suggested above but it didn’t work and the issue still persisted. This never happened on my Quest 2 or My old PC. But it happens on my Quest 3 and my new PC.

Hello there! We really appreciate you telling us that you have already tried some troubleshooting steps, so let's move forward to the bottom of this and see what other options we have available for you! Please shoot us a PM. You can do that by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?