cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa gift card keeps getting declined

PupularReality
Level 2

Recently got a visa gift card to buy a few new games on my quest but when I went to purchase a game it said payment method declined. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it but it didn't work. I have money on the card and I know it doesn't have any restrictions on it as well. Is there any way to fix this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @PupularReality!

Unfortunately, gift cards are not supported as a form of payment within our store.

All regions must follow the below rules:

• The card must be associated with a billing address
  • The card must be able to have funds added/reloaded to it
  • There cannot be purchasing restrictions placed on the card
  • The network cannot have any purchase restrictions to prevent online payments
  • Postal codes that do not follow the correct format will result in “invalid postal code”

It worked plenty of times before so I don't know why it wouldn't now?

Hey @PupularReality, we see that you may need a bit more help. No worries, you should send us a PM so we can get you back on track! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Firekid617
Level 2

Highly disappointed in this not being supported.  Tried to get my son a visa gift card so he could purchase games and it is being declined .  This is a valid form of payment.  Went through Gamestop to purchase a meta card with the visa gift card just  to get a code.  Hopefully that works.  Fingers crossed.  What a waste of time.  I am getting the point that I don't like using my personal cards for these things. I was hoping this was the answer.  Nope.