cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Artifact when connected with cable

jfox2
Explorer

hello I'm experiencing this problem since first day of using, when connected with the cable with oculus software or with airlink in many games for example Flight simulator 2020 i experience visual artifact usually double frames or lines similar to a stutter, while playing for example with lone eco everything is perfect, I tried downgrading to w10 

I tried following guides online or play with setting upscaling or lowering the resolution, which seems to get the problem less annoying only when lowering the upscaling at 0.30 of course in that case if the problem is seems nothing would correct it. 

YouCut_20220811_01355032h4_Moment.jpgYouCut_20220811_013550324_Moment.jpg

ezgif-2-8c3e4cba64.gif

My system spec radeon 5700xt ryzen 5950

thank you in advance 

7 REPLIES 7

That looks like heavy application of ASW, which interpolates frames at low refresh rates to keep the in-headset frame rate up. MSFS2020 is probably one of the most demanding games around and it struggles to maintain a good framerate in VR, even on the very highest end current PCs. Your best bet is likely to be reducing in-game detail, anti-aliasing etc rather than trying to fix it outside the game. You are never going to get rid of it completely on a low-mid end GPU.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

You are probably best to ask this on the msfs 2020 user forum.  It could be a AMD gpu driver issue.  Your AMD gpu is not the best, esp. with a quest because its encoders are a lot slower than nvidia rtx2000/3000 series gpu's.  Your gpu is approx equivalent to a rtx3060 and you really need a 3080 or better gpu to get good PCVR results with MSFS 2020.  I even struggle with a 3090, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Just played Rush from oculus store, and it does the same thing

Hello @jfox2! We see you're having display issues with a couple of apps. That's just ruins gametime badly. We'd be happy to get a better view of your system and try to get this fixed quickly!

Please visit Meta Store Support here and open a support ticket for further assistance. Please gather your Oculus logs and attach them to your response. We've listed the instructions below.

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
 *The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop-down list.
5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

@jfox2  What link cable and what does the oculus desktop app device usb test report?  If it’s reporting usb3 and at least 2Gbps it’s probably ok.  In that case your settings may not be right for your pc specs.  I’ll try to suggest a few things you may want to try.

Go to oculus desktop app device graphics settings and set refresh to 72Hz and the res slider at the auto recommended point.

Go into ODT and set everything to default/zeros/auto except distortion low, encoding bitrate width 3664, bitrate 200mbps, link sharpening enabled, and mobile ASW disabled.

In game graphics settings low-medium.

Maybe try all that and see if it gets rid of your screen wobbles.  Good luck mate and cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

test results are usb 3 and 3Gbps 

i tried your tips and i have to say thanks to you it does it but way less than before now is at least a bit playable! thank you! 

did not fixed it completely i can still see some of them lightly going on but at least i got closer 

@jfox2 wrote:

test results are usb 3 and 3Gbps 

i tried your tips and i have to say thanks to you it does it but way less than before now is at least a bit playable! thank you! 

did not fixed it completely i can still see some of them lightly going on but at least i got closer 

You're very welcome mate.  I'm glad it helped a bit.  I'll try to give a few other tips that might help.

As far as your AMD gpu goes, I'm nvidia so I don't think I can be specific.  I would suggest that you have a look at the msfs 2020 user forum to find out what AMD driver is currently best in VR.  Always best to use DDU to properly uninstall previous drivers beforehand (google how to do this).  Also I think on their control panel 3D settings it's best to start off with all defaults and disable v-sync since it seems to make things a little jerky.  For my nvidia settings I use all defaults except the power option to prefer max performance and I change the Quality default to High Performance.  Maybe there are similar AMD setting.  Cheers.

For SteamVR, set global visuals Manually (no auto) to 100% and disable advanced super sample filtering.

For Win10 settings; disable hardware acceleration graphics (HAGS) and turn Game Mode Off.

Hopefully these will further improve thing.  At least they shouldn't make things worse, lol!