cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume Issue

Severous123
Honored Guest

Hello Everyone!

I purchased the Quest 2 for Christmas and love it. I've been playing several hours per week since and have started to experience my first issue. For the longest time, I was able to play Beat Saber and other games at around 75% volume comfortably. Recently, I noticed that games seemed to be getting quieter, so I've gradually increased volume. I am now constantly at 100% volume and despite this, it's gotten to the point where the loudness is equivalent to what maybe 25% was when I first started playing. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-S

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Severous123! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your new Quest 2; however, we're feeling quite the opposite to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your volume. Here are some troubleshooting steps that we think you may have some success with:

• Test with multiple games/apps
  • Reboot the headset
    1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.
    2. Select Restart. Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.
  • Last resort: Factory reset
    1. Turn off your headset.
    2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
    4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Please let us know if any of these steps helped to resolve your issue. We will be standing by just in case further assistance is needed! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello again, @Severous123! We're just checking in to see if you still need help with the audio performance on your headset. Please let us know, and we'll be happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

hyp3rhazza
Honored Guest

Have a look at the speakers (should be some black lines near your ears) and see if they need cleaning. Any dust could possibly have went inside of your speakers a bit and reduced the volume alot. To prevent this from happening again I would recommend storing the quest 2 in a less dustier environment.