cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vr Air Bridge Disables Wi-Fi connection

Jacken85
Explorer

Hello,
I purchased D-Link Vr Bridge and it worked fine the first time I set it up, but after a computer restart, it disables my main Wi-Fi card and I lose the internet connection. Unplugging it from the USB port and plugging back in doesn't fix the issue. The only thing that helps is to delete the device and install it again.
Is there a way to set it up to prevent it from happening?

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jacken85! We understand that you have been having an issue when using your D-Link VR Bridge after a restart on your PC. Don't worry, we will totally help you get back to the VR world. We see that you have done a few troubleshooting steps on your own, but let me suggest a few more steps for you.

• Turn Quest Link on and off in your system settings in VR. You can do this from the Quick Settings panel.
  • Beta: restart all Oculus software on your PC. To do this:
    1. Click Settings
    2. Click Beta
    3. Click Restart Oculus
  • If any banners or notifications appear when you reopen the desktop app, follow the instructions to update your computer to the latest software and drivers. Your PC app will need to be on version v44 or later to work with Air Bridge.
  • Restart your headset completely.
  • Is the D-Link VR Bridge showing up in your Meta Quest Wi-Fi list?

Please let us know how these steps work for you and if you have any questions. We look forward to your response.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Jacken85
Explorer

The issue is that my main wi-fi card becomes disabled. It doesn't matter whether the Oculus app is open or closed.

Hi again, that certainly puts a damper on enjoying your VR, but we will get you back up and running in no time. For us to get a clearer picture of what's causing the exact issue with your WIFI, we have a few things to clarify.

Can you answer a few more questions?

• Are you able to connect to a different Wi-Fi network?
  • Are you getting any error messages? If so, can you send us a picture of the message?
  • Does this happen with other programs or games?
  • Does this happen as he starts up the D-Link air bridge, or is it on and off throughout?

If you are still having trouble, we can do a factory reset on the D-Link VR Air Bridge. Before you do a factory reset, you can back up any information with a cloud backup.

To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open the desktop app.
  2. Click Devices
  3. Go to VR Air Bridge.
  4. From the fly-out panel, select Factory Reset.
  5. Click Reset to confirm.

Please let us know if you have questions. We are always happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

• @MetaQuestSupportwrote:

Hi again, that certainly puts a damper on enjoying your VR, but we will get you back up and running in no time. For us to get a clearer picture of what's causing the exact issue with your WIFI, we have a few things to clarify.

Can you answer a few more questions?

• Are you able to connect to a different Wi-Fi network?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If so, can you send us a picture of the message?
    • Does this happen with other programs or games?
    • Does this happen as he starts up the D-Link air bridge, or is it on and off throughout?

If you are still having trouble, we can do a factory reset on the D-Link VR Air Bridge. Before you do a factory reset, you can back up any information with a cloud backup.

To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open the desktop app.
    2. Click Devices
    3. Go to VR Air Bridge.
    4. From the fly-out panel, select Factory Reset.
    5. Click Reset to confirm.

Please let us know if you have questions. We are always happy to help!

I can't connect to any network because it disables my main wi-fi card and uses Air Bridge as a wi-fi card on my computer.

No error messages, just show as a card is disabled. When I click to enable it disables air bridge for a moment and then enables the card back again.

Not related to any programs or games. It's happens in the OS.

It happens when I restart my computer. I get disconnected from the internet and the only way to bring it back is to delete the air bridge and set it up back again. Which is not ideal.

On an unrelated note: will Oculus Pro support Air Bridge in the future?

Hi again, @Jacken85! We appreciate you providing that information, and we want to help you get to the bottom of your connection issues. Please click on the following link: https://metaque.st/Support, so our amazing support team can go over your options. Regarding your question, we don't have any information about Meta Quest Pro supporting it; please check back on our blog and social channels for updates.

the same happens to me how do you fix it

By restarting the machine or removing the bridge and setting it up again. I disconnect from the USB port when I'm not using it because of the issues with the Wi-Fi. 

Hartorias
Honored Guest

Jacken85 - 

Did you ever get this fixed? I am having the exact same issue with mine that I just bought.

Hi there @Hartorias, we see you are also having difficulties connecting you your Air bridge. We understand how inconvenient this can be, but we are here to assist you on this matter!

We'll begin with the minimum requirements that your PC must meet in order to function properly.

Recommended specs are:

• Intel i5-4590
  • AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greater
  • Graphics Card
  • See the GPU tables in the public article "Meta Quest Link Compatibility"
  • Operating System Windows 10+ and at least one USB 3.0 port.

Troubleshooting

• Disable your VPN when using the Oculus app.
  • Turn off Firewall and antivirus.
  • Try using a different network or a mobile hotspot.
  • Toggle on and off Quest Link in system settings in the headset.
  • Repair the PC app.
  • Factory Reset VR Air Bridge in the Meta Quest PC app.
  • Reboot Headset.
  • Reboot PC.

If you are still having this issue, please let us know. We hope to hear from you soon!