cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart not accepting refund due to serial numbers not matching.

SinSmiley
Honored Guest

Hello! I tried to return my headset to Walmart within the 30 day return window and they turned me down because the serial numbers didn’t match. I tried explaining the box has a separate sn than the controllers and headset but they didn’t believe me. Not sure what to do. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @SinSmiley! Thank you for posting about this. We know how important it is to get refunds on products within the return period. While we cannot process refunds for purchases from any retailers, we would love to confirm that you are correct. The box serial number is for the entire kit, including the controllers, headset, and everything else in the box, including the box itself. The box serial number will not match the headset serial number, which is only for that particular headset. Likewise, the controllers will not match the box or headset serial numbers. We hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SinSmiley Just touching base with you on where you are with your issue. Were you able to get it resolved ? Let us know we are here to help. Hope to hear from you soon. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I’m having the same issue too, they said since no serial numbers match they can’t return it. Is there a code or something else they can use to match it all up ?

Hey @Tylermcpn77, this has been popping up for some time now when people try to take it back to where they bought it. I've seen some success from users who took a screenshot of their email after reaching out to support to confirm if all the serial numbers truly did belong to the same box. I'm sure support wouldn't mind doing that, i'll drop the link HERE so you can reach out to them. Good luck!

"I Have Found That People Lie, Most Often Deceiving Themselves. Not So The Dead. The Dead Are So Very, Very Loud. And Yet, Lying Is Not In Their Nature. It Is So... Humbling, To Listen To The Dead Speak."
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?