cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty not being fulfilled

PappaD1
Protege

I am posting this for other people experiencing issues getting warranty work accomplished from Oculus. I have been fighting to get a 30 day old faulty Quest 2 headset replacement. All the chat support does is tell me they will escalate to a "specialized team". Then I get an email about weather delays that everybody on this planet knows is a lie. I have never seen weather delays last for weeks. I had to resort to starting legal arbitration process outlined https://www.oculus.com/legal/terms-of-service/ in section 6. Address to use is Meta Platforms, Inc., ATTN: Oculus Arbitration Filing, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025

16 REPLIES 16

Never heard back from arbitration. But, I expected that. Here is the address to send your letter- Meta Platforms, Inc., ATTN: Oculus Arbitration Filing, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025

I will keep posting here as I get updates. The process I am going through is below. The courts accepted my claim, and the registered agent for Oculus will be served this week. They will have 14 days to respond once served.

• Keep all online conversations with support. In 1 of the convos ask for a ph# and supervisor. You will be told there isn’t one which helps your case
  • Keep copy of arbitration letter. There probably won’t be a response so wait 2 wks after it is sent off
  • Keep copies of where equipment was returned. FedEx printout with the FedEx#
  • Sec of State website will have registered agent name and info for Oculus VR, LLC. They may have relisted under Reality Labs. This is needed for court filing
  • Print out of other examples of this issue won’t hurt. IE- this thread
  • File small claims for total cost of replacement equipment, court costs/filing fees, and amount for time spent on issue
    • Research to find process to file, and what to expect for your area
    • They have 2 wks to respond
  • If available send all above info to local “investigative reporters” if your area has them.

another example of what the class action being built will address. At least from what I have heard here in TX. Our attorney general hates FB\Meta\whatever they wanna call themselves.

PappaD1
Protege

Since my suit was less than what a lawyer would charge to go to court Meta settled for the full amount. Really sad that the only way to get things handled was through law suit though. 

Very sad indeed can you share how you went through with it and cost ? Because I have to do the same I’ve been waiting for. Months 

You’d think that Meta would want to avoid this situation and fix the process or be more transparent with their customers.  I had to wait 3 months for my replacement and if they would have just said “hey, we don’t have the parts, we’re sorry, and we’re working hard to make this right. Here is your lead time: 3 months” I would have been annoyed but far less so than the crazy “we can’t get an update from logistics” run around. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cost for filing small claims depends on where you live. They aren't much though. Really just time consuming. You should be able to google the specific steps for filing where you live. Once a court date is set you will hear from someone at Orrick. They represent Meta. If you have kept your suit amount reasonable they will probably just offer to pay it & not go to court. 

• Keep all online conversations with support. In 1 of the convos ask for a ph# and supervisor. You will be told there isn’t one which helps your case
  • Keep copy of arbitration letter. There probably won’t be a response so wait 2 wks after it is sent off
  • Keep copies of where equipment was returned. FedEx printout with the FedEx#
  • Sec of State website will have registered agent name and info for Oculus VR, LLC. They may have relisted under Reality Labs. This is needed for court filing
  • Print out of other examples of this issue won’t hurt. IE- this thread
  • File small claims for total cost of replacement equipment, court costs/filing fees, and amount for time spent on issue
    • Research to find process to file, and what to expect for your area
    • They have 2 wks to respond
  • If available send all above info to local “investigative reporters” if your area has them.

Meta doesn't care about consumers. They never have since FB was created. They buy smaller companies up so they control the market. Right now they own 74% of the VR market. If you google "oculus class action lawsuit" you will see a bunch of stuff building for a class action. the FTC has already won against them. https://www.expertinstitute.com/resources/insights/facebook-loses-500-million-in-virtual-reality-law...