cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water damage in right oculus controller

kixxo15
Honored Guest

yesterday I was playing on my oculus but I took my oculus headset off because I felt like it was falling so when I tried adjusting it ,I was holding my right oculus controller in my left hand , but as soon I put my headset on my right controller fell in my dogs water bowl now it’s like glitching and it freezes now I don’t know what to do can I get some suggestions or advice please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Take the the battery out and leave the controller somewhere warm and dry for a few days, just like you would if your mobile phone got wet. If you can leave it in a bag of rice or with a dehumidifier, so much the better. If you are lucky it will dry out and be fine - it all depends on where the water got to.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Take the the battery out and leave the controller somewhere warm and dry for a few days, just like you would if your mobile phone got wet. If you can leave it in a bag of rice or with a dehumidifier, so much the better. If you are lucky it will dry out and be fine - it all depends on where the water got to.

How many days?

That depends on how wet it got, how dry and warm the environment is and your own appetite for risk. There is no right answer. Why not put a small bowl of water in the same place and wait until it dries up.

did it work

lazybonesvr.2000
Honored Guest

It does not work at all, I have to buy a new controller now. Can you figure out another way to fix your controller if it gets in water I got it to work for a second but it keeps blinking even when I repair it

lazybonesvr.2000
Honored Guest

That happened to me too nothing is working for me I hope you get your controller back

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?