cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Chromatic Abberation issue on Quest 2

TG20
Explorer

Soo, about 2 months ago,I would get randomly hit with very intense Chromatic Abberation both in-game and in the Oculus home menu. It stopped like a week before June and I thought someone reported it and it got patched. But, I just got hit with it again as I was uploading a video to youtube on the Quest. (My computer's internet isn't working, I'm writing this on the quest with the bug in effect) The thing is that I had nothing else open and I've uploaded videos to youtube on the quest in the past and this never happened. Another thing I noticed when this happened is the refresh rate changes to 60hz every time this happens (I use 90hz) and that it doesn't go away even after launching a game. Can someone help please?

Edit: Restarting the Quest gets rid of the issue but I don't know if it will come back.

4 REPLIES 4

McScreamy
Protege

this happens to me too, it happens super fast in oculus link, it's been bothering me for months. any help for us?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We hate gaming display issues. Let's see what we can do to resolve this. Have you tried to hard boot the device? Can you back up to the Cloud HERE? After that can you perform a factory reset by following these steps HERE. Let us know if this helps you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

yes, i've tried to factory reset my headset multiple times, and the issue still persists.

Hey again!

Looks like we may need to dive in a little further for this. Let's get you in touch with one of our awesome support members, so we can alleviate this in no time! You can get into the deep end with support here: https://metaque.st/Support!

We'll get you back in peak performance!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!