cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird sleep/loading issue I can't seem to fix

Y.umeko
Honored Guest

Hello! I wondered if somebody here might be able to give me some assistance with something I just can't seem to fix. 

After the V64 update. I've noticed that, especially in virtual desktop, when I move the headset on my face or adjust it the headset goes black and the 3 loading dots show up. It never happens when I normally adjust it, only when I move it a little too high. (lenses are around eyebrow height) It's really annoying and I can't seem to fix it. Never happened before the update, and I suspect it might have to do something with the lying down mode. I doubt it's an defective sensor.

I've tried:

- Factory reset

- Cleaning smooth spot for the sensor between the lenses

- covering the sensor

- Reinstalling virtual desktop

- turning all new features off

I'm not exactly sure if the issues also occurs in other apps because I mainly only use virtual desktop. I hope someone knows what's going on here because I have no idea what to do anymore. 

(Sorry for grammar mistakes, non native English speaker here.) 

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Y.umeko. We definitely don't like to hear that you're having issues with your headset and would like to help you get things squared away as soon as possible. It looks like you've tried quite a few troubleshooting steps. One thing to note when it comes to this issue is that laying down mode has been released again on the 64.0 update and is still undergoing a lot of transitions. It is experimental and is not guaranteed to operate with full functionality in all apps. Since you're using virtual desktop, we'd recommend trying to use the link cable in order to enhance your experience and hopefully improve the error with the black screen when tilting your head upwards on your headset. To set up your headset with the quest link cable, there is a link here to guide you through the steps. We hope this gave you some insight and was helpful in providing ways to alter things to enhance your  experience. Let us know if this helps in fixing things and if you've had the same issue with other apps as well, so we can have a better idea of where the issue could be stemming from. I hope to hear from you soon. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey hey! Just swinging by here again to see if you've had any success at resolving things with laying down mode, if you had any further questions for us and if there's anything else we could recommend as far as the link cable option goes. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a good day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?