cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What prepaid credit card gift cards work for the game store??

MazLikesMonkeys
Honored Guest

i tried using a vanilla mastercard “the perfect gift” and it was declining when i was trying to buy blade and sorcery, i had 50$ on that card and blade and sorcery is 25$, it was not about the amount of money, i entered the credentials correctly and it didn’t work, do any prepaid credit card gifts work? if so which one? 

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there MazLikesMonkeys! We see you're having some problems with payment methods and would be happy to shed some light on the situation! 

Below, we've listed the accepted payment methods (we've also linked them here😞

• Credit/Debit Cards: American Express, MasterCard, and Visa
  • PayPal

In addition to that, you'll need to make sure of the following:

• The card must be associated with a billing address
  • The card must be able to have funds added/reloaded to it (e-cards and virtual MasterCards should work, but most Gift cards do not have this option)
  • There cannot be purchasing restrictions placed on the card
  • The network cannot have any purchase restrictions to prevent online payments
  • And postal codes that do not follow the correct format will result in "invalid postal code"

We hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Oculus kindly improve the payments option as Indian debit/credit card won't allow automatic payments even through PayPal so bring in one time payment options to pay and purchase in oculus store

I have tried using many prepaid cards that you listed and none of them have worked.

Hey there! We know the time it takes away from you enjoying your VR device. Having payment method issues is not the experience we want you to have.

Since you have tried using all the cards provided and made sure the requirements for the cards are good, we want to redirect you to our Meta Store Support! You can submit a ticket to get in contact with one of our amazing agents either through email, live chat, or even a scheduled phone call. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This is what your wonderful support staff had to say about adding payment methods! This is NOT ok! 

6B236406-37AE-41CE-B4C6-FDBB6C428F57.jpeg

81D1C6D9-E943-4265-883F-36898A10A69B.jpeg

Wow. Talk about unprofessional.

I find this policy completely unacceptable. I do not trust Meta at all with my personal and financial data. Your users deserve a method to pay privately. Either support prepaid Visa gift cards with no billing address, or support bitcoin payments. Neither of these options pose any risk to Meta from a fraud or charge back perspective. I can think of no reason why these methods would not be supported, other than Meta wants to milk its users data for profit.

Hey there @hierophant5! We hear you, and we know how important your personal and financial data is. Worry no more as we've made a gift card option available! You can redeem gift cards in the Meta Quest mobile app or on the Meta Quest web store. You can find more information about it here.

Gift cards can only be redeemed once and are redeemable by anyone who has access to them (see the Terms and Conditions). If you send a gift card to the wrong email address and need to cancel it, please contact the original vendor.

Meta Quest gift cards are currently only available for purchase at third party vendors. Happy to help!

Aceman7210
Honored Guest

All I know is that visa does not work or any prepaid card for that matter I mean what can me, a 13 year old boy use? It's not like I have a credit card or debit card.