cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What type of company doesnt have a call center

Ray2kay
Level 3
I want to Cancel my order ASAP, I just receive the Shipping processing email. I already bought the thing from amazon and want to cancel right away but there is no way to call or stop it immediately. What type of company is Oculus running where you cant even get a person on the phone line to help with situation. Im completely disappointed with the route they took with customer care.
57 REPLIES 57

sparkie14
Level 5
They aren't based in the UK..

ThreeDeeVision
Level 9
Lack of backwards compatibility in the console world is one of the biggest letdowns I have seen in a long time as far as technology goes.  Think of how you can play very old PC titles from many generations back on your new PC.  Think of how the Wii-U provides the entire Wii interface and therefor provides complete backwards compatibility.  Then you have the likes of PS4 and XBox one providing a few backwards compatible titles, as long as it doesn't interfere with the bottom line and driving new game sales.  Why provide support for the Halo games when you can re-sell them under the 'Master Chief Collection' name and get more cash out of people.  Situations like this make me never purchase console games at full price and I only buy them when they are not available on PC.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

konstantin_loze
Level 3

Lack of backwards compatibility in the console world is one of the biggest letdowns I have seen in a long time as far as technology goes.  Think of how you can play very old PC titles from many generations back on your new PC.  Think of how the Wii-U provides the entire Wii interface and therefor provides complete backwards compatibility.  Then you have the likes of PS4 and XBox one providing a few backwards compatible titles, as long as it doesn't interfere with the bottom line and driving new game sales.  Why provide support for the Halo games when you can re-sell them under the 'Master Chief Collection' name and get more cash out of people.  Situations like this make me never purchase console games at full price and I only buy them when they are not available on PC.

Here we are not even talking about console generations-type of incompatibility. We are talking of a situation similar to MS Office working with one single type of HP inkjet printer, say with 4 printer heads while not working with even another HP inkjet printer with 2 printer heads. It's still early days of VR, but that does not mean that it makes sense to people.

Arock387
Level 7
it says right in that processing emal how to cancel. I suggest following that

Stairmand
Level 5
"They aren't based in the UK.."

It doesn't matter. They sell in the UK (charging UK VAT) they are legally obliged to follow UK law same as any other country.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Companies sometimes assume their online users, buying products online,for use online, will look online for solutions like, how to cancel my order. https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/120834601657959?sr=1&query=cancel&sid=0rw1URpLaK16luWEg

But I guess some people would rather sit on hold and wait for someone to pick up the phone and read them that URL instead.

ThreeDeeVision
Level 9

Here we are not even talking about console generations-type of incompatibility. We are talking of a situation similar to MS Office working with one single type of HP inkjet printer, say with 4 printer heads while not working with even another HP inkjet printer with 2 printer heads. It's still early days of VR, but that does not mean that it makes sense to people.

Sorry, I was talking along the lines of what Sparkie14 what talking about.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

DavidFly99
Level 2

If a company does not have a call center, this function can easily be outsourced. I recently started my own business, and I still have a lot of work to do to develop it. My business has to do with providing services to customers. And I need quality customer support, so I hired wow24-7.io/call-center. In my opinion, the outsourced call center will do a great job.