cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When connected via airlink, the image is distorted and located only in the upper half.

laxus.2023
Honored Guest
When connected to a PC via cable, everything works fine, but when connected via airlink, the virtual space is displayed only in the upper half of the helmet screen and seems distorted. The bottom half is filled with black, but if I lower my head, I can see the circle around me through the bottom half of the image.
At the same time, the image on the PC screen looks normal.

oculus quest 2
Router: asus rt-ax55
Video card: rtx 3060
3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya @laxus.2023, we see you are experiencing a pesky problem with your headset via airlink. We definitely understand how troublesome this may be, and we're here to aid you all that we can! 

Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve this pesky problem:

1. Close the Oculus Desktop software
  2. Open Windows Settings > System > Display > Graphics Settings
  3. Select Classic App from the drop down and click Browse
  4. Select the OculusClient.exe
    • (By default, this will be installed C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe)
  5. Click Options > High Performance > Save
    • Ensure the "High Performance" (or the highest setting) option has your dedicated graphics at the top of this menu.

You can also perform the following after the ones above:

1. Open 'Task Manager'
  2. Go to the 'Details tab'
  3. Find 'OVRServer_x64.exe'
  4. Right click on it and select 'Set Priority'
  5. Set this priority to 'High'
  6. Repeat steps 4 - 6 for 'VirtualDesktop.streamer.exe'

Once you have attempt all of the troubleshooting steps, you can hop on back here and let us know how it went. Thank you, and we'll be here anticipating your arrival! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

laxus.2023
Honored Guest
These recommendations did not help, but I found that my helmet was not updated to the latest version. After the update, this problem disappeared.
However, I left the settings in that mode. which you recommended me so they could help too.

In summary: thanks for your help. One way or another, but the problem was solved.
I hope this example helps others who have a similar problem.

We're happy to hear that you were able to get this resolved! If you need help in the future, please don't hesitate to give us a shout!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!