cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When installing an app, headset is listed multiple times in iOS Oculus app

houdi.i.am
Level 2

Hi,

When I install an app using the Oculus iPhone app, it shows my headset three times. Checking one of the tickboxes selects all of them.

I’ve tried a factory reset of the Quest 2 and reinstalled the iOS oculus app but that just resulted in the device showing four times!

What can I do to have just the one headset listed please?

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Houdi.i.am! We see that you are experiencing some issues with your headset showing more than once in the Oculus app! It saddens us to know that you are experiencing this and we want to help. Lets start the troubleshooting process with these steps below: 

• Go into your Oculus app menu
  • Select "Devices"
  • Select all headsets that you have paired (Even if its more than once for the same headset)
  • Unpair all headsets
  • Re-pair to your phone 

If the troubleshooting steps above do not help with your issue please feel free to submit a support ticket here: https://support.oculus.com/articles/contact-us/contact-us/index-contact-us and we'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks for this suggestion.

Only one device is shown under ‘Devices’ and unfortunately there is no unpair facility in the iOS app for it.

Is there another way of unpairing it?

Thanks

I have the same problem. I can't install any apps either. After a factory reset and uninstalling and installing the smartphone app, I now have only one display again. But no more apps can be installed. In this thread is discussed about it :https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Announcements-and-Releases/PTC-for-Quest-v-39-Megathread/m-p/953719

Hey houdi.i.am! We apologize for the delayed response. You can also try signing out of the mobile app and clearing your phone's Bluetooth cache to unpair your device and try pairing again after this is done.

As HSSIXTY_GER mentioned, this sounds like it could be a result of the v39 PTC update. When our users report these types of issues it allows our engineers to fix them quicker and before the new update is fully released. Than you for sharing your experience with the community.