cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When loading vr game laptop crash

Elementt
Honored Guest

who can help?

As soon as I want to load a VR game in Oculus software, my laptop freezes, sometimes after 3 minutes of playing, but usually immediately. connecting with link cable or airlink makes no difference.
everything is up to date and the software has been reinstalled several times.
i am using a quest 3 but have also tested with a quest 2 and same result.
The Oculus app and the VR game are also linked to the Nvidia card, and this can also be seen in task manager.

ROG Strix Scar 16 (2023) G634

G634JY-NM001W

13th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-13980HX Processor 2.2 GHz (36M Cache, up to 5.6 GHz, 24 cores: 8 P-cores and 16 E-cores)

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4090 Laptop GPU
ROG Boost: 2090MHz* at 175W (2040MHz Boost Clock+50MHz OC, 150W+25W Dynamic Boost)
16GB GDDR6
32GB DDR5-4800 SO-DIMM 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for getting back to you so late Elementt. After getting with the team it seems like this might be an issue of conflicting hardware/software. If you haven't already, I'd head over to the support site and get a ticket opened for this. Send your logs with it and support will be able to start digging into why this might be happening. Let me know if you have any questions!

"I Have Found That People Lie, Most Often Deceiving Themselves. Not So The Dead. The Dead Are So Very, Very Loud. And Yet, Lying Is Not In Their Nature. It Is So... Humbling, To Listen To The Dead Speak."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

FunkyTanuki
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey Elementt. Hate to see you're going through this dilemma. I want to relay some info over to our team if you can answer a few of these questions below:

• Do any error messages pop up? What do they say?
  • Does it blue screen? Or does the game just randomly close
  • Is it all games you try to play?
  • Are you using the official Link cable? If not, which are you using?
"I Have Found That People Lie, Most Often Deceiving Themselves. Not So The Dead. The Dead Are So Very, Very Loud. And Yet, Lying Is Not In Their Nature. It Is So... Humbling, To Listen To The Dead Speak."

Hello,

- no error messages 

- no bleu screen, the oculus just freez, and so the laptop no reaction on key or mouse. After 4 minutes the laptop restarts.

- A very small game like Ultra Wings goes for a couple of minutes and then freeze. When i want to start steam VR of Msfs it directly happens. When i run Msfs without VR there is no problem

- I use official link cable, when using Airlink there are the same problems

Thanks for this. I really appreciate it. I'll keep an eye on this and come back here to post new info when I get it. If you or anyone else experience related issues, changes or even possible fixes, please post them here.

Sorry for getting back to you so late Elementt. After getting with the team it seems like this might be an issue of conflicting hardware/software. If you haven't already, I'd head over to the support site and get a ticket opened for this. Send your logs with it and support will be able to start digging into why this might be happening. Let me know if you have any questions!

Elementt
Honored Guest

Oke thanks, problem is not solved yet.. How do i open this ticket for help?

Elementt
Honored Guest

Solved, throw away the ASUS and buy a MSI, Works ALL

The same issue on ASUS Tuf Gaming f15 with i7-12700h and RTX 3070 Laptop 8GB.

I find some instruction here:

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/Oculus-link-repeatedly-crashes-but-it-used-to-work-fi...

Hey TheDominiK, you'll want to send your logs over to the support team through email. I'll drop the link to open a support ticket HERE. I also removed your logs link for privacy reasons. Hope this helps!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?