cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the 5 digit code (setup)?

roxyz
Honored Guest
I’m trying to set up my Quest, and the iPhone app says to enter the 5 digit code displayed-but there is no code. How do I find this code?
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t think you’re understanding the problem, there is no 5 digit code popping up on the headset, I have two accounts one of which is my brothers who is set as the owner of the device and my account, I have logged into my account multiple times and no 5 digit code appears same for my brothers account 

NandoBogeymando
Honored Guest

I have the same problem. My smartphone is saying "Looking For Headset", then asks for a 5-digit code.

There's no code or any other reaction in the headset. It just shows the home screen.

Have you found this inside your headset? I don't have Quick Settings in my Quest 2, and the About page does not contain Pairing Code item.

Hello NandoBogeymando,

We see that you are having issues finding your paring 5 digit code.

If your phone can't automatically pair with your Quest 2, you'll need to get the pairing code from your headset. Just put the headset on, and you should see the five-digit pairing code on display

If you are still experiencing issues with finding your code, feel free to private message us or submit a support ticket. - https://ocul.us/ContactSupport   

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Like I said, there is no 5-digit code "on display" or anywhere else, the headset doesn't react to the pairing in any manner and doesn't show anything it wasn't showing before.

Hi there! Thank you for adding your input into this thread. Let's see what we can do about this. Sometimes what has worked is doing a factory reset on your device, logging out of the Oculus app, deleting the app, reinstalling the app, and then paring your phone again. Hope this helps, if it doesn't please submit a support ticket here and kindly include all of the troubleshooting steps you have taken. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So what I’ve read on Reddit if the account you’re trying to pair isn’t the admin/device owner you can’t pair it which is so stupid and the only way to change the admin is by factory resetting your oculus. Don’t even try asking for help on this useless forum page, Reddit gives better support than the actual oculus support team  🤦‍:female_sign: 

Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont think you get us when we say THERE IS NO 5 DIGIT CODE SHOWING IN THE HEADSET, we have done all of the obvious steps you keep telling us to do over and over again. I've restarted my headset, my phone, deleted the app, reinstalled it, I've done everything i could think of and there is still no 5 digit code showing up. The only time i could pair it is when i first got it, but now since i haven't played it in a while its asking me to do all the steps again, and thats what we're getting stuck on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If i factory reset will anything bad happen or no

OMG!!!! Do you guys not f'ing read the problem?????? THE CODE IS NOTE SHOWING UP IN THE HEADSET! WTF. I'm about to send this back!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?