cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the 5 digit code (setup)?

roxyz
Honored Guest
I’m trying to set up my Quest, and the iPhone app says to enter the 5 digit code displayed-but there is no code. How do I find this code?
49 REPLIES 49

Bibj
Honored Guest

Hey, I’m have the same problem but no one is understanding that the code isn’t popping up in the headset

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

The 5 digit code during set up should be getting generated during the setup, if it's needed. I know that with android phones or tablets there doesn't seem to be a need for a code. Or maybe that's because I've set up the headset before. IDK

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

T-Leela
Honored Guest

Mine has never showed any code. Ever.  Its rather irritating

Hello there! We are happy to help you complete the setup process with your Quest. 

Please try the following steps: 

• After powering on your device, enable Bluetooth on your phone and put on your headset.
  • Enter the 5 digit number displayed inside the headset to pair it to your phone. It will show up in the lower right corner. 
  • Take the headset off and choose the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to
  • Enter your WI-Fi password

Here is an article with more information on your set up (Quest Set up). Please let us know if this corrects the issue, if not you can submit a ticket for further steps (Support Ticket

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi! I can purchase and play games in headset and I'm logged in with my Facebook account, but it keeps telling me I haven't completed the setup. My android phone and ipod both with the Oculus app ask me to look into the headset for a 5 digit code but one never displays. How do I "complete the setup"?

Hey cttwn! We see you're being asked for a 5 digit code but can't seem to locate one. We can help with that. Click here for the steps to finding the 5 digit code. Be sure to start from the beginning and pay close attention to each step but, steps 1-4 are where the 5 digit code will be found. Let us know if you still need help once you're done with all of these steps and we will gladly get on it. Happy Gaming!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

daniel.zhaafar
Honored Guest

The problem is that 5-digit code is only displayed during the first connection to smartphone. It is NOT displayed when you want to pair with another smartphone. The only solution is the factory reset, but all your savings will be lost. 

I found it in Quick Settings/ Settings ( upper left ) / About ( very bottom ) / Pairing Code. ( very bottom )

Ya gotta scroll to the very, very bottom of the About list.  I don't know why this is so hard.  I just spent an hour trying to pair one device.  wtf

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! it shouldn’t have taken almost 2 days to pair a **bleep** phone to the quest 2 😂 

RicelSmoke,

If your phone can't automatically pair with your Quest 2, you'll need to get the pairing code from your headset. Just put the headset on, and you should see the five-digit pairing code on display.

If you need further assistance feel free to submit a support ticket, we will be more than happy to assist you any way we can!  https://ocul.us/ContactSupport

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?