cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White horizontal stripe across screen while using link

Panzer_mk2
Honored Guest
Headset seems to work fine stand-alone.  I use the headset with IRacing, and often (not always) get a translucent horizontal stripe across the screen after about 15 minutes or so.  It doesn't feel like the headset is overheating.  This doesn't show up on the screen mirror on PC, or if I "mirror" with the debug tool.  Is this likely a failing display or is there somewhere else I should look?
1,110 REPLIES 1,110

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Firmware version: 31.1.0.102.370
PC app version: 32.0.0.41.423

This problem still there... 🤔😫😡

ben.mnd
Protege

Same here ...
Happening in dark zones, like Elite Dangerous space.
The white band frequency and happening is totaly random. One day nothing, the other day full white band as soon as I enter Oculus Link menu. Monthes ago, quickly switching from game to Oculus menu did wipe it up for awhile, but nowadays it comes back under 5 minutes. It's horrifying.

Just like others, it starts as a very hollow band, which loses more and more transparency over time. Like if the same horizontal band was layered several times. 
The band is always the same exact size. Sometimes, 2 horizontal bands appear, same size, one perfectly docked under the other.

Pc app 31, Oculus Quest 2 firmware 31.

I'm on a i9 9900k, 32go ram, 3080ti.

Happened on 2080ti aswell.

Official Link cable, 2.4 gbps speed tested.

I checked temperatures, they are in the nominal range.

Also Air Link gives huge artifacts aswell.

Definitely an encoder issue (or Quest 2 decoder ?). This is not good.

jereme.powers
Explorer

I have tried everything Oculus has suggested...

Tried all my USB 3 ports

I have checked all USB power settings

Disabled all gaming overlays

Checked for physical damage on Oculus Link cable

Repaired the Oculus PC Application 

Tried using Public Test Channel on the Oculus PC Application

Provided support logs using OculusLogGatherer.exe

and then some...

Reformatted My PC

Installed a PCIe 3.2 usb card

monitored power / heat of GPU

Nothing has had any difference and I can cause the issues 100% of the time just by playing Demeo from Oculus PC Application via Link. 

Oculus support just keeps asking for video / pictures to get a better understanding of the issue. Capturing a screenshot much less video is almost impossible holding a phone up to the headset as they suggest.  I have gave support a direct link to this thread and just feel like they are giving me the run-around. 

Gnrl.Kanito
Explorer

same issue here new PC ryzen 9 5950x and rtx 3080 Ti ...need to know oculus answers!!!

ben.mnd
Protege

I submitted a ticket through support ("email us"). I strongly suggest to anyone having this issue to do the same, for them to collect a maximum amount of informations on the issue.

ShawnSkay
Protege

I can confirm that v31 doesn't solved the issue. I've also tried clean install of Oculus Desktop app without touching Debug Tool and... guess what... white stripe is still there. 😕 I have no problem in Project Cars 2, but in Dirt 2.0 it appears sooner or later every time. GPU overheating is definitely not the problem.

deKaro303
Protege

I'm also following this thread. I have also this graphic issue, sporadically.  It comes and goes. Often stays there until after a restart.

My System:
Win10 pro (64bit)
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 (12GB)
G.Skill FlareX 32GB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB NVMe
Using the original Link cable with 2.7 Gbps 

romeo77
Explorer

Is this the same problem that I'm having? I have the lower end having different contrast than the rest. It starts normal then after 25 sec the contrast gets brighter and brighter. I can also see the windows taskbar below. It happens with every single app I launch with the pcvr link cable. It's not there with the native quests apps. This photo is through the lens. Screenshot (150).png

Yes it is this problem.

Never had the Windows taskbar though, but this might be a very important detail ! I will forward it to support. (please create a support ticket aswell)

I can share the video as well which is showing very clearly the fault.