cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White horizontal stripe across screen while using link

Panzer_mk2
Honored Guest
Headset seems to work fine stand-alone.  I use the headset with IRacing, and often (not always) get a translucent horizontal stripe across the screen after about 15 minutes or so.  It doesn't feel like the headset is overheating.  This doesn't show up on the screen mirror on PC, or if I "mirror" with the debug tool.  Is this likely a failing display or is there somewhere else I should look?
1,110 REPLIES 1,110

Use windows 10, becouse windows 10 is more optimized and better then 11 right now, and windows 11 isn't that good with games yet, so go with 10 is ur best option

I agree, but since I'm going to be using Windows 11, and the person who finds this article 2 years from now will likely use Windows 11, I'm going to start with it. I can easily use a different SSD for Win 10, if I still have the issue. 

I'm odly grateful that at least the issue doesn't seem to be permanent.

I feel bad for all the people who will think their Headset is broken, and give up using it without writing on these forums. 

pearl_clouds
Honored Guest

This is my first time “posting” anything since I’ve never been on this website but I was just in vr chat and all of a sudden it goes black so I take my headset off, then maybe 2 or 3 minutes pass and I see these white-greenish stripes all across my screen, I don’t know how to fix it, please help. OH and I’ve also tried turning it off, I’ve tapped the button once and held it and it still hasn’t turned off

image.jpg

Hello pearl_clouds. Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that you're experiencing some display issues. Please try restarting your headset. If that doesn't correct it please perform a factory reset. We do recommend this as a last resort. If you're concerned about your purchased content  a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your account. We also have cloud back up. When Cloud Backup is enabled, Oculus backs up your device’s app data, like game progress or game settings, to the cloud. This allows you to easily pick up where you left off in a game if you reinstall an app, reset your device, or set up a new device. If this issues persists please reach out. Here is link to our Support site. We're always here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ghost75757
Protege

I have the same issue. It was working fine for a while but now it appears after say 5 mins of gaming with official link cable nearly on all games. Firstly I thought is the more graphic intense games but not really. we get a fix for this big issue soon????

Ghost75757
Protege

Can I ask : I have the Oculus 2 with a 3080Ti and on the Oculus PC app : what settings YOU are running? I straight away did the 120 Hz Refresh Rate tick with the automatic rendering resolution ticked as well, but that does not seem to work well , so I went back to the recommended 72 Hz and Automatic Rendering resolution. What Refresh are YOU running and what Rendering Resolution setting? Secondly, did you make any changes in the Debug Oculus tool? Anything specific you recommend to adjust there? I cant send you a screenshot via this chat but all I did was to adjust the Encode Resolution Width to 3648 (read online thats the way to do it) and everything else on Default or Auto Asyncrhonus Spacewar is Disabled as well.

Honestly? Everything you've done, as well as more. I usually stick to 90 refresh rate, and stay away from 120.

Like another comment mentioned, at first they thought it was the graphically intense games, but it's really a matter of 5 minutes or so. I had it happen on the steam version of Virtual Desktop.

Maybe there is a common dominator between all of us that have this issue which we can figure out.

I did not have the issue with white or whatever stripes or coloring on the lower portion of the view until after I began using Oculus Debug Tool, to attempt to improve the terrible performance.

Has everyone here with the white stripes issue installed the Oculus Debug Tool? Could it be a source of the problem? 

I have tried also everything and I too thought its with the more graphic intense games. Its hopeless. Even more hopeless then the Oculus support which now telling its a Win 11 issue and next year it should be fixed. wt

I actually believe Meta (no more Oculus) in this case.

It will be fixed, next year, with the release of a new Meta VR headset dedicated for PCVR. PCVR. 

If may have been more than half a decade since the first headset, but we are still paying to be alpha testers.

For the price, it was almost worth it.

The amount I've had to spend on different types of facial masks, to find something comfortable without a recall, and head straps alone, the official elite strap broke the plastic loop for it at the top of the headset, made the price of the Quest 2 less competitive. 

PCVR even less so. 

yansag_0-1657197163359.png

Hi Ghost75757

I use a 3080ti as well and these are the settings i most commonly use, i can run all my games at satisfactory settings (AKA optimized high) at 90FPS...including simracing like automobilista 2 and iRacing...the number i circled in red, this is 400 or above only when using CABLE link...if you do it over airlink it'll depend on your router but i personally put 165 there and have no issues:

(the second image i grabbed from google cause my headset isn't plugged in right now and im too lazy to pair it 🙂

yansag_0-1657196869557.png

yansag_1-1657196902233.png

I always run at 90hz personally i feel the smootness over 80hz...but 120hz is TOO MUCH for the cable you have to lower image quality AND many games/experiences will simply not want to run a 120hz for various reason, including but not limited to CPU limitations (performance, game optimisation) so i stay away the only game i play at 120hz is 11 table tennis because in this one it does make a difference on the smootness of the ball too...anyways 🙂 good LUCK!

BTW for the other guys, my quest 2 doesnt have this issue anymore, it's done it a couple times before but i had it replaced (for another reason not this) and it's never done it since...my specs WINDOWS 10, 8700K, 3080ti