cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White horizontal stripe across screen while using link

Panzer_mk2
Honored Guest
Headset seems to work fine stand-alone.  I use the headset with IRacing, and often (not always) get a translucent horizontal stripe across the screen after about 15 minutes or so.  It doesn't feel like the headset is overheating.  This doesn't show up on the screen mirror on PC, or if I "mirror" with the debug tool.  Is this likely a failing display or is there somewhere else I should look?
1,110 REPLIES 1,110

thank you for sharing. as we have the same GPU I follow your settings and see how they work for me. Just to be sure, you running on the PC Oculus software the Render Resolution at 1.3x ? 4844x2448?  Automatic / Recommended is 1.0x at 3712x1872.. ?  yes I only play with official cable and the white line is so **bleep** random that its impossible to point whats causing it. thanks again

Yes absolutely you have the gpu horsepower to crank up the resolution and for example when I play onward I put the maximum proposed resolution in the app I can't remember from the top of my head but its in the 5000 resolutions....the higher you go the cleaner it'll get up to about that max resolution....it just demand more and more from the gpu but if the content you are playing isn't too demanding and can be run on max resolution id recommend you do so...personally I play a lot of dirt rally, project cars, automobilista etc. And for those I prefer 1.3x otherwise I have to go down to medium/low settings to keep the framerate and its just not worth it...experiment with it, monitor your performance with MSI afterburner or similar...but if you use 1.3 you'll be fine for most stuff...BUT for me rhe STEAM VR only stuff always run worse...when I can launch in Oculus mode it runs much better.

EDIT also GUYS after playing it a couple weeks i can say I found THE killer app for VR its called MX bikes its a motocross simulator the controls are touchy at first but you get used to it and its AWESOME very realistic and you can download user created tracks and mods etc. Its amazing in vr. its PC only on steam but I suggested the developer to have it approved by oculus so we can develop a quest 2 version of the game with the best tracks and bike set.

great - thanks for the tip! def giving it a go now. This comment : BUT for me rhe STEAM VR only stuff always run worse...when I can launch in Oculus mode it runs much better. = I run mostly Steam Games  via Link-Cable and Virtual Desktop with Reshade or Vorpx so that resolution should be fine yeah? How do you launch games in Oculus mode? or you just mean the racings games have this option?

Sound like it's time to buy a new one

When you launch your games from steam they will sometimes ask you if you prefer it to launch in Steam VR mode or Oculus VR mode...thats what I meant...

can I ask one more question: What tool/ program do you use to monitor FPS in games? so Quest 2 connected to PC with cable and I am playing mostly with Virtual Desktop , Steam Games or Epic Games. thank again!

I use MSI Afterburner it has that monitoring tab where you can see everything you just need to install it and mess around a bit with it...

(first go to settings, user interface and select the MSI dragon skin cause the one it ships with is **bleep**e)

yansag_0-1657254576635.png

Then click detach here:

yansag_1-1657254613894.png

And then you'll have this great panel where you can see everything:

(in blue the two most important the GPU usage (to know how much headroom you have...) and framerate...

yansag_2-1657254744914.png

This thing monitor continuously so you can consult it while alt-tab of your game or if you have 2 monitors (like me) you can have it set somewhere on your second monitor...

thats great, but somehow too small to see it as overlay in the games.. I was more thinking of the likes of FSPVR program.. simple press of button in game and I see the FPS..

Well like I said I have 2 desktop monitors so my second monitor is displaying the monitoring window and once detached you can resize it...and I believe you can change the text font and size in the options...

I dont know of any programs that could inject a 3rd overlay over VR games (because the oculus layer is an overlay by itself) in the debug tool you can activate the oculus monitoring app for performance but its too big to game while using...if you find one make sure let me know OK cause it would be ideal id like to have one too...

OCULUS TEAM: btw this is ridiculous ive been using since the CV1 and the debug tool why is still a "secret tool" why not make some options part of the sofware itsefl....like HAVING a performance monitor that could stay small top right and show just FPS and GPU usage?? And some settings are VITAL in there such as but not limited to: link sharpening *should be on by default BTW) Encode bithrate and width...your default settings are DISGUSTING i remember launching it the first time it looked worse than my rift S...this should be cleared up and made user friendly and common knowledge...users are out there gaming with **bleep** images instead of seeing the true beauty of clear sharp images in their quest 2....its just plain sad really.

yeah, all good. I just did the Nvidia Experience Performance overlay with Advance settings so with ALT+R I can display all nicely to cross check in each game. Works well.  Yes, the Debug tool is garbage, all settings I did , are all back to default on new start up, over it changing it every time I hook up the cable to the PC and have to re-do all settings. rubbish.